What is a friend?

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
As most of you know last week bowser did an excellent job in telling us about spiritual friendship. This week I would like to focus on what being a friend truly is.
Proverbs 17:17 a friends loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
As friends we need to love each other. The word friend can mean many different things though There are friends like this Proverbs 14:20 The poor are shunned even by their neighbors, but the rich have many friends. Fair weather friends, only there when things are good. You know Job’s “friends.“ They claimed to be Job’s friend when everything was going well for Job. Once things turned ugly they went straight to the finger pointing and condemning Job. They are a great example of what NOT to be. What does this have to do with being a spiritual friend? It shows us exactly what NOT to be like. We are also warned not to have to many friends. Proverbs 18:24 A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. We need to stick closer than a brother, to our friends. We are to love our friends. This love is the Agape love that Christ tell us to have for one another, the very same love that we can find in 1 Cor 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. The love verse I am sure we all know it. Even through the tough times we all know that we have a friend that will stick closer to us than a brother. He died two thousand years ago for us, a slow and brutal death. Christ loves us, He always has and always will. He has called each and everyone of us to love each other and our neighbor as He loved us. You may be wondering how do I do this in game? Well don’t be a jerk, that is about it, when you see someone that needs help, help them. This lesson finishes what bowser was saying. We all are connected in our bond with Christ, we all have common ground there. I want you to take it a step further though. We can say we are all one in Christ in the game when we are not face to face and dealing with each other on a day to day basis. How about your co-workers? The people at your school? Your family? Hate to break it to you, these people deserve to be treated better than your friends. It is easy to be nice to people that are nice to you, why not do what Christ called us to do, and Love everyone the way He loved us, the way we love our friends.

Back