What's your playstyle?

Malohaut

Different people play minecraft differently, for different reasons, and for different ways. Sure, everybody wants to enjoy the game fully, but some tend to find certain aspects more fun like pre-made adventure/puzzle maps, structure building, exploring and the like. This thread is designed to get that information from each of you, to see how you play and what you like. It's a way of getting to know you better while at the same time, figuring out how to bring us all together. I'll start as example.

Singleplayer: I like downloading and playing on created adventure maps. *Especially* an adventure map that Yoggscast has done. Then I can do the map along side them, or do it first, and see how they fare and what they missed. But singleplayer, for the most part, is a very lonely place. It's just you, your creations, your adventure, your successes. Nobody to share them with, nobody to help, nobody to talk to. Just you. ... And Rover. You and Rover verses ... don't walk in lava Rover! Bad dog! Bad bad dog! Bad bad bad dead dog! o_O

Multiplayer: I loooove playing games with other people. Raiding, questing, talking scripture. Having other Christians play on the same server I'm playing is, in itself, really cool. They can come see my creations, invite me to their place, share their hearts, ask for prayers or help, and the like. Just having someone there to talk to doesn't make me feel so alone.

Playstyle: First off, I'm a surface player. I like farming and keeping animals. I like taking to the seas and the skies, so I enjoy building my airships. I mine of course and I like the underground exploration, especially to get those needed materials. But I tend to spend maybe 90% of my play time above ground. Second, I'm a servant. While I like to build in my own area, I also like being close to neighbors and close to starter areas. That way, my place can be a place of refuge for people going by, or a potential meeting place. Or I can go and help someone lure some sheep back to their shop, or follow them deep into the mine to help protect them while they hunt down cobwebs. I'm independant, but nearby enough to be social, helpful, and neighborly.

What about you? What's *your* playstyle?

Great idea!

I don't like single player at all. But I think I would love to do some of the adventure maps as a mutli-player thing. Soka has some puzzle maps he should me. I've tried a few, but get bored quickly.

I'm a Servant too. I don't get into building a huge house or anything. I like to roam around and see what everyone else is doing, help with what I can, or even just watch and chat with them. I like building real life buildings, makes it more interesting. I do some mining, some collecting, etc, usually give stuff away to who ever needs it.

I like to be just a little out of the way, but close enough to join people in the spawn area when necessary, show them around if they are new. I like to leave random signs at Lost_Shepherds house who is usually near by. lol

Hmm, my play style. I think I am all over the place. I like to build a lot of the time. I like to go around and see what other people are doing. I like to help out where needed. :)

I like to leave random signs at Lost_Shepherds house who is usually near by. lol

I found your Random Sign by my wheat shortly after you logged off, btw. I'm looking forward to you finding mine.

I've played one single player puzzle map. The one with like 10 blocks of dirt and a tree. It was really enjoyable and fun.

Mostly my style of play is just relaxing. I do a lot of leveling and clearing but I like building as well. I'll dig and explore for supplies and stuff but not too much.

I've started playing with redstone wiring but not too much.

I'm a big fan of a pure vanilla server.

I like to be close enough to my neighbors that we can visit and fellowship but not so close that I have to worry about them digging into my stuff underground.

Back