Where did the Texas Longhorn thread go???

*WALL*

So, I was just wondering where it went this week? Did something happen this week or something?

They did on the last play of the game....

Oh well.

Hook'em horns!

hey wall, where did you go to college?

Nope, unless you're in a state that requires a degree program to get your license/certification.

Diplomas aren't for everyone!

And the Longhorn thread thing lost... er GOT lost, I mean...

:D

Nope, I don't need a degree to get the license, if it helps I'm going to get my AS degree soon...hopefully

I think my Longhorns will be in a BCS game for sure.

And possibly still have a good shot at the national championship.

Either way, this season has been a blast for me.

How the heck did Texas Tech jump Penn State in the rankings?!?!?! BOOOOO!!!

I didn't get to see the game cuz I was dancing but I'm sure it was a great game. =)

WTB discussion on how Pac10, Big12 and SEC teams can't win the important games... Disregard, that would mean picking on a conference other then the Big 10.

How the heck did Texas Tech jump Penn State in the rankings?!?!?! BOOOOO!!!

I didn't get to see the game cuz I was dancing but I'm sure it was a great game. =)

Big Ten is a weak conference and Penn State is not exactly steam rolling the conference.

Careful Meli, Icthus is sore right now.

Icthus definition of a weak conference is a conference with 53 national championships over its history.

Or if you want to go off of AP, coaches and BCS since 1936 it is Big 12 at 18, SEC at 16 and Big 10 right in there with 15 national championships. Not bad considering they have one less team to win national championships compared to the Big 12 and SEC and from 1946 to 1971 the Big 10 did not allow the same team to represent the conference in consecutive years unlike other conferences.

Ahhh yes, the I have to go back before i was born to defend my conference defense. Nice work planky.

I don't have to go before you were born. Shorten it up to the last decade and the Big 12 is only one championship ahead of the Big 10. One more national championship and the Big 12 is suddenly this all powerful conference?

The Big 12-Big Ten comparisons going around right now are simply based on the fact that for the past couple years the Big Ten has struggled against other top BCS competition. See Ohio State rolling the Big Ten and then getting embarrassed in the NC game the past two years. The Big 12 is usually pretty strong, but this year is unusually so. Over the past 5 years, I'd say that the Big 12 has definitely been stronger at the top than the Big Ten, but I'd also say that over that time period the SEC would rank stronger than either. Historically, though, the Big Ten has been very strong, and deserves its reputation as a top conference.

As for Penn State, their Big Ten history is actually pretty short. They joined while Icthus and I were still in college. Even standing on their own, though, they truly deserve their reputation as a top program. In addition to their NCs, they have gone undefeated without winning the 'title' either 3 or 4 times, IIRC. You won't hear me bashing Penn State's history as a great college football program.

Last edited:
I will bash Penn States history. I have no problem with providing that public service.

Actually the Big 10 (with 11 teams) has a great 10 year record in bowl games. But, I still have an unnatural dislike for them.

Back