Why buy/play SC2... :)

XionTawa

Okay...I figured this is the best place to get convinced to buy SC2...

I never played SC1...and I am a BIG fan of RTS games... I played the beta for the 40 mins that was left of it and had a good time... I have FFXIV coming up Sep 22nd...and need something to play until then... Is SC2 the game for me? XD yeah...I know I didn't make any sense...nor did I provide adequate information... :D

I say get the first game for cheap at Wal-Mart. The second plays just like it. :/

Well, I have preordered it...kinda on a whim, and it was "free"... As I mentioned I need a game to occupy me until FFXIV comes out...and I went and traded some stuff in at Gamestop and to make a long story short, ended up with $82 of game credit if I preordered or bought a new game...so I went ahead and preorderd SC2 :p :D And have $22 of left over game credit! :)

EDIT: Should I uninstall the beta before installing the game...or just try to log into the beta download one release day?

Last edited:
I think Tek posted somewhere that you need 12g of space. The beta is basically trash material at this point if they do anything like they do with the WoW beta. There will likely be no "convert my beta to full product".

I think Tek posted somewhere that you need 12g of space. The beta is basically trash material at this point if they do anything like they do with the WoW beta. There will likely be no "convert my beta to full product".

Okay...I will just uninstall it now then... Hopefully I don't get called back to work on Tuesday >.< LOL

I need help with learning how to play the game so that I don't get owned constantly hehe...anyone up for helping a noob on Tuesday? ..or a couple days after?

I say get the first game for cheap at Wal-Mart. The second plays just like it. :/
/me scratches head

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Having played many matches during the beta, I can confirm that there are fundamental changes to the game that give it a different feel. Yes, some of the core components are the same (i.e. harvest two types of resources, train units, built structures to gain access to more powerful units, build structures or units to increase supply and build more units), but the same could be said of RTS games outside the StarCraft franchise.

The two best reasons to buy StarCraft II I can think of are:
  1. It's a Blizzard game. Yes, they move release dates back multiple years on any given title. Yes, charging an extra $10 was a lousy move. Yes, Battle.net is built with Scotch tape and used toothpicks. But when they release a new game, you know that the game (not necessarily the network infrastructure on which it runs) is going to be quality.
  2. A healthy number of Tribe of Judah members will be playing StarCraft II from day one. If you're going to buy the game eventually and don't want to wait for a sale, you might as well buy it now. From the day a game is released, the clock starts counting down to the day it will no longer be able to sustain a consistently active player base among Christian gamers. Think of it as the game corollary of, "From the moment you're born, you start dying."

Back