Why we should play and join in Beta when it is available...

At least they are saying the item mod system is still in the works. I imagine they have multiple builds of that system already and just need to tweak to find what would be the best.

I just really wanna make sure it's worth dropping the money on. As a poor college student about to get married, I need to make sure as much as possible that it is worth paying for, especially since it also means dropping my other games to purchase.

If you like theme park MMOs, enjoy the Mass Effect style of dialog interactions, and like SW lore, I don't see how you can go wrong. Even if you only level 1 class and then bail due to the lack of endgame and pvp content, it should be entertaining enough to warrant the cost. Add in the ToJ community and you got a winner for a few months until GW2 drops.

If you like theme park MMOs, enjoy the Mass Effect style of dialog interactions, and like SW lore, I don't see how you can go wrong. Even if you only level 1 class and then bail due to the lack of endgame and pvp content, it should be entertaining enough to warrant the cost. Add in the ToJ community and you got a winner for a few months until GW2 drops.

And you can't assume that there is a lack of end game content yet. They still have over two months until release, which is plenty of time to finish polishing that content before they actually allow any players to see it. There was a great deal more content available in the beta build I played this weekend than there was in the previous beta build, which tells me that Bioware is just limiting what they allow the beta testers to see in game until they are close to ready with it.

well I have not played mass effect or anything like that, even though I have always wanted to do so. I sold my xbox 360 to pay for college... haha

well I have not played mass effect or anything like that, even though I have always wanted to do so. I sold my xbox 360 to pay for college... haha

Mass Effect is available on PC... :p

Real life expenses come first, of course, but TOR is by far my highest priority for entertainment costs in the next few months. I'm also in college, so I don't buy much either.

yea i know most of those games eventually come out on PC. But if im correct, mass effect, like most, didnt come out on PC for a while. or Maybe I am just too used to that being the case and just assumed.

Real life expenses come first, of course, but TOR is by far my highest priority for entertainment costs in the next few months. I'm also in college, so I don't buy much either.

same for me, that is why I want to make sure that I am getting my moneys worth. Also, it means not being a main member of my other guilds anymore, and I dont want to leave just to come back a few months later.

I just really wanna make sure it's worth dropping the money on. As a poor college student about to get married, I need to make sure as much as possible that it is worth paying for, especially since it also means dropping my other games to purchase.

Just postpone the honeymoon :D

I would have to write up a new one, there have been a few builds since then and I played a lot more. It has gotten a lot better in some of the areas that frustrated me.

The main thing that disappoints me is the big picture, and that's a personal style issue to me. They went the way of the theme-park-wow-clone and not something fresh and innovative like Firefall and GW2 are doing. I have been bouncing around to each new AAA MMO as they come out and they are just getting so stale with this style. I will play SWTOR because I can't resist a new MMO and the new leveling content. Then I will hit max in a couple months and be done I'm sure. Hopefully it will keep me going till the genre-movers are released and Diablo 3 drops.

Last edited:
Back