Witnessing or Gaming??? Which is more important?

Witnessing or Gaming??? Which is more important?

• Witnessing

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Gaming

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rubs eyes, blinks a couple times, shakes head back and forth.....

I am amazed that this question would come up.

Mathew 28: 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

How can we call ourselves Christians and not want to take the opportunity to share the love that our Saviour has shown us? How can we not care about someone's soul? How can gaming be more important than an eternity with God? And since when is our desire to game greater that the desire to see God's family grow.

I would think that we would play, keeping in mind, that it is for His glory that we are. We are not chasing after an earthly goal, but a heavenly one. Our Lord has commanded us to go out and witness to others of His love. Would not that be where your heart is moreso that what your score, ping or any other part of CS? PastorWirl's Bible study a couple weeks ago really brought to light how we should all be playing CS. We are showing an unbelieving world what our Saviour is. This is a louder testimony than any words that are spoken. Can you begin to imagine what one would say, when wanting to learn more about Jesus, they are confronted with a "the game is more important" mentality.

Yes, playing CS is fun. Yes, it is nice to see fellow community or clan members on to share the good and bad times with. and Yes, I enjoy having more kills than my husband. But, all of that goes away when someone want to know about Christ. He is #1 in my life and I would hope in the lives of my brothers and sisters in ToJ. I truely hope the actions would reflect it

Genesis1315

oh, one other thing, moderator / admin / Tek

Please if possible leave this thread here. I would like to see what the ToJ community has to say on this.

Thanks
Gen

I choose witnessing because it is more important. However if there were a witness while you game choice I would have choosen that.

I chose Gaming because I'm ornery ... I think this is a rhetorical and ridiculous question to ask.

I'd have to agree with you hes... theres really no point of representing ourselves out there as christians if we're not going to actively stand behind our tag/religion. In other words... why bother being a member if you don't want to promote christ?

I want to make sure you guys know that I chose gaming to be ornery, as a joke ... of course witnessing and possibly sharing Christ with someone is more important than gaming. I believe if you call yourself a Christian then to promote Christ is a requirement. And in turn to be in a Christian organization that requires you to be a Christain to join ... you get the point. That's why I said it's a rhetorical question to Christians. Nothing on earth is more important than spreading the good news to others.

ah. however, i think that we come across (SOMETIMES OBVIOUSLY) as a bunch of tight lipped people? No not lipped.A RRRUGHH!. Tight as in like um... like a um... i dunno. someone pull the words out of my mouth for me. I'm stuck.

Goose62 said:
That's why I said it's a rhetorical question to Christians.

Why would you call it rhetorical???

Brother...
To some, they may not have realized that this question is even in question.

Not to belittle anyone, but some may have never even thought about it...

:confused:

Are you reffering to our witnessing in our personal life? Or in the Gaming Community?

(I know this might sound like a stupid question. But i would really like to know.)

You really shouldn't make gaming versus witnessing a debate. Especially since they do not relate, religiously.

Why do you have to make questions lesser than it already is?

Witnessing is the obvious answer for most caring Christians.

I would think gaming is on the bottom list for caring.

Family is better than gaming. Working is better than gaming. Get the point. Gaming rotts your brain, makes you jealous, angry, upset, addicted, and other known stuff that people would agree(or I would agree).

ah..but for TOJ they DO relate religiously. Just read the TOJ charter..

I looked at the ToJ Charter, the only thing that relates to games, is Article II(2) and maybe Article III(3); Section 5.

After all, isn't counterstrike our way of introducing others to Jesus Christ?

So, why is there mostly the rude people than the religious people in the CS server?

I'm saying, new people, people that just found out about ToJ's gaming servers. Only a few new people are willing to understand and play ToJ's servers, while most other new people are willing to expose and ruin ToJ's servers.

For instance, there is only a handful of people, in this forum, that are non-christians, are following your rules and trying to understand what you people are.

Last edited:
inkelis said:
Are you reffering to our witnessing in our personal life? Or in the Gaming Community?

(I know this might sound like a stupid question. But i would really like to know.)

Inkelis,
in the gaming community

Well with that said, By Setting a good example We are in a Witnessing. We were the tag, it says it in our server name. The peaple that join the server know we are christians. But i do aggree that we need to perform more of an outreach.

I would say witnessing by a long shot. I had the privilege to see a guy a few weeks ago come to Christ on a retreat I was at. I also got to play a very small part in it as well. It was a great feeling and I don't think playing CS comes close, even though I like it, a little too much :)

Hmmm ( follow me and I will make you fishers of men) You know this kinda reminds me of when my Granpappy took me fish'n and wow did I catch the fish well he later told me he baited that hole with cans of dog food that had holes n them and he said son you first have to let them know that food is there then you come along and give them want they came for. Wow so I wanna know who baited this hole because "I Have Never" seen such a opportunity to witness. (better then, going to a late nite karoake club and handing the dj a steven curtis cdg and hehehe dive'n n) less smell also. So hehe sry still lol'n if I might suggest maybe having a few text response's to the many/many questions using scriptures?Catch n Release Woot!!!

Back