Wondering what the new patch brought?

Dauntless

http://guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1305415#post1305415

Thats right, that is indeed a +5 energy sword. Say goodbye to the enormously overpriced HoD swords. It has been confirmed in game, you can also make one in PvP.

The gear/book holding tank no longer works. Thats right Folks, Arena Net nerfed the gear/book tanking trick. Now Anyone in your party can take agro.

EDIT: The guild hall now has a Box in the back left corner. Guild storage anyone?

Last edited:
Dauntless said:
The gear/book holding tank no longer works. Thats right Folks, Arena Net nerfed the gear/book tanking trick. Now Anyone in your party can take agro.

*In my best Darth Hayden voice*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Dauntless said:
EDIT: The guild hall now has a Box in the back left corner. Guild storage anyone?

I think Gaile Gray said that guild storage probably won't be ready until sometime after Factions is released.

They always get rid of the helpful stuff.

However, if you take 3 ele's with meteor shower, and time it right....you don't need a book.

Henge of Denravi sword. A collector sword that used to be available in-game but is obsolete. The only ones available are pre-existing ones.

14-21 damage and +5 energy.

You can buy one for 300-600k. I thought about buying a couple .......but decided not to.

Dauntless said:

Too bad, but all isn't lost. Our all-guild groups have been very successful fighting through SF without the use of a gear-holding tank. Takes a bit longer overall, but its do-able and many of us have thought it more fun than the gear route.

Paul

I think Sorrows farming groups just went from 5-man to 8-man. I think green item prices will go up accordingly.

Imagine Anet wanting us to have to work for our greenies.

personally i am glad the gear trick is gone.....tired i was of being the one who did nothing but "hold gear" and with my old guild always yellin at me to "aggro here, no bring them here, no up the steps over here" whew glad i can actually FIGHT in this now!!!

Another implication of the no gear/keg trick anymore is that Eles and Rangers might be able to get into groups again in Sorrows.

Blood Necros might also be back in vogue there (which is my favorite Necro to play).

Sadly, it looks like they also may have nerfed Ettin farming. Only blue items seem to get dropped now (and not may of those). That was my own experience after farming for about an hour yesterday, and it matches what other people are saying. If its true, perhaps rune prices will also start to go up.

Paul

I was able to farm ettins last night, pulled 4 gold superiors in 45 min, 3 in 1 zone at once. Maybe they destroyed it this morning.

Talon said:
I was able to farm ettins last night, pulled 4 gold superiors in 45 min, 3 in 1 zone at once. Maybe they destroyed it this morning.

Do you also farm near the Ascalon settlement?

I was farming there last night, not this morning. Maybe I've jumped to the wrong conclusion - but I must had killed 25-30 ettins with only 1 single blue drop. Another guildie who farmed just before I did had exactly the same experience, and he reported hearing from others who experienced the same thing. Perhaps there were just a zillion people farming during that particular time span. Sorry if I've worried people for no reason.

Paul

I did 3-4 runs near Ascalon Settlement the first time I tried ettin farming. By the 3rd run of the night this was typical results - only white or possibly blue. Since then I have only done 1 run at most in a 24 hour period and usually get at least 1 rare pauldron drop.

DZwart said:
I did 3-4 runs near Ascalon Settlement the first time I tried ettin farming. By the 3rd run of the night this was typical results - only white or possibly blue. Since then I have only done 1 run at most in a 24 hour period and usually get at least 1 rare pauldron drop.

Thankfully, everything was fine when I went there yesterday. Now I feel like someone who's just forwarded an untrue urban-legend email to 1000 people. Sorry for the mistake guildies, I won't be so quick to jump to a conclusion in the future.

Oh - and I got my first sup vigor too, just a few days ago. But I'm not sure how best to liquidate it. Should I advertise it for 35K obo?

Ettin farming ROCKS! Many thanks to Halonic for posting the build.

Paul

Last edited:
seems that after 12pm EST, 9pm pst my time, i do really good. Got 6 gold sup runes in an hour. I'm not sure if they brought it back or not.

Back