Words have meaning.

G

So I saw this clan on the server today.. 3R.

Apparently it means "3ternal Redeemers".  

One of them had a spray, and on the spray it said:

"Redeeming the Word of God"

I asked them, what does that mean?  They ridiculed me, and made fun a bit.  Which is a terrible witness, by the way.

Anyway, finally one of them told me that what they mean is "Redeeming the non-believers", and that a Christian would have known that.

Well, I don't know how anyone would be able to deceifer what they said and get what they meant to say out of it.  

So what's the point?  The point is significant, and should be universally accepted.

Christians need to be specific and understandable when witnessing, conversing with each other, studying, etc.
Reading that would do no good for a non-believer whatsover.  They would have no idea at all what the Word of God did that it now requires redemption (forgiveness) for.  

Further, if I were an unbeliever, their inability to communicate with me would hinder any hope of getting me interested in joining the faith.  

Finally, the message they INTEND to send makes no sense either.  Seriously.  How can THEY redeem anyone?  We HAVE the ONLY redeemer in the Lord Jesus.  Only Christ has the power to redeem anyone.  

This the problem with the combination of religion and intellectual laziness (or outright ignorance).  Religion forces you to be regimented, and creates patterns of speech (face it, Christians speak a different language than the rest of society...whether they know what the words really mean or not) that can be confusing.  

My point is this.... be careful what you say.  Your words matter.  Your ability to communicate what you believe may be the difference in someone's eternity.  We simply MUST strive to be exact and knowledgable about our Faith and the Word of God.

"But in church I would rather speak five intelligivle words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue"  1 Corinthians 14:19.

Apparently Paul thought it important to be understood.  It's a good thing, as the precision and fullness of his teaching was the foundation for the conversion of gentiles, of which most of US are.

I'm certain that his ability to communicate precisely and clearly served him well in Acts 17 when he went up against the wisest and most argumentative of intellectual philosophers, the epicureans and stoics in Thesolonica.  He even converted 2 of them.  

It is THEIR philosophy of doublespeak, political correctness (yes, even that) and futility that humanism uses to combat the Word of God.

Patriot

errr patriot ur point is well taken and u are new but 3R is startin to get a really bad name here on toj even though we are not accociated with 3R.... if you would like to contact the 3R peopel here is there forums link 3R Forums

There is no bad blood between 3R and toj contrary to previous events. It has all been sorted out.

Patriot you make a good point. Perhaps you should post it on 3Rs forums to see what they think. It can never hurt to create a mission statement and a response for when someone does ask you what your clan tag means.

Patriot says
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I asked them,what does that mean?  They ridiculed me, and made fun a bit.  Which is a terrible witness, by the way.

Can you PM me the names of the people who did that and what they said? or you can add me to MSN
brennert51@hotmail.com

Patriot says
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Finally,the message they INTEND to send makes no sense either.  Seriously.  How can THEY redeem anyone?  We HAVE the ONLY redeemer in the Lord Jesus.  Only Christ has the power to redeem anyone.

In a nutshell we merely mean that we help non-believers to find the Lord and Christ so they may be redeemed by Christ.  Sorry if our name confused you.  We will be writing a mission statement on our clan and name, I will give it to you as soon as it's completed.

Atown says
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3R is startin to get a really bad name here on toj even though we are not accociated with 3R

Actually for the most part the people that use to be in 3R but left to form a new clan were having conflicts with TOJ.  I have talked to a few people and we have agreed that 3R and TOJ want to stay brothers in Christ and in CS
smile.gif
 We have no hard feelings towards you and hopefully you do not have any towards us.
smile.gif

Atown
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]if you would like to contact the 3R peopel here is there forums link 3R Forums

Those are no longer our fourms (even though it says our name on the main page o_O) They are Team-sD's forums.  But I still go on them ocassionally just incase someone does make a post for Team-3R.  We currentley do not have any fourms but are hoping to get a site and some forums up soon.  If you wish to contact someone in 3R the best way is on IRC.

irc.gamesurge.net
port 6667
our channel is #team-3r

Or you could add me to MSN or email me at brennert51@hotmail.com and I would be happy to give you the emails of any member.

rizz says
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It can never hurt to create a mission statement and a response for when someone does ask you what your clan tag mean.

Good idea rizz!  Me and some other members will have to get together and write one in the near future!

Godbless!

Tim

(Editied a lot cause I couldn't get quote's working
wow.gif
)

lol kk. i have no hard feelings against 3R just trying to point p[atriot in the right direction

Back