WotLK and Warhammer

faust

Perhaps I am the last person to come up with this theory, but it occurred to me that perhaps the real reason Blizzard is coming out with the next xpac so soon is to try and take some of the attention Warhammer Online will get when it is first released.

Anyway, just a thought. I certainly have no facts.

An Expansion a Year

I agree with you. I had always hear Blizzard wanted to do one expansion a year. I wonder why it is not happening at that rate.

What I have read is that Blizzard is still saying: "It will be released when it's ready". I also have heard (though less officially) that they are considering a release later this year.

I too have heard later this year, possibly by November/December, although I heard that through a "friend of a friend who is supposedly guilded with people that are supposedly Blizz employees"... so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

My personal guess would be January/February though.

Last edited:
Considering BC was announced in October 2005 (BlizzCon '05) and was finally released January 2007 (15 months, but 2 months late), I would project late 2008 ballpark.

Realistically, if they really are trying to churn out expansions faster, I'd say Q2 of 2008 at the earliest.

Ugliest (ugly in a bad way) dwarves ever!

Warhammer Dwarves - ack!
SS0707_05.jpg

Gamstop Release Date

If you go to gamestop to pre-order it, they are currently listing the Pre-Release date as 11/03/08. now that date always changes, but that is their analysts best guess. They tend to be pretty close I believe, so I am thinking 13 months from now or so, In time for Christmas 2008.

I think there is probably some validity to the theory. Warhammer looks pretty cool so they should probably be nervous about it. I really like the idea Warhammer is working on of collision detection. Mobs shouldn't be able to just run right through a tank. I like the idea of tanks blocking them with their body.

Back