WOW Beta Account Information

.se3ker.

I'm on East, Server 1, and account name is seeker. I am a night elf rogue.

Let me know if anybody wants to join me on server 1
smile.gif

.seek.

Im on beta server multiple characters.

Started a character on East Server 1, Human Warrior named Jophus.

I started on server 4 because I want a taste of the PVP in beta since we wont be playing there in release. If Bowser wants us to all play on server 1, thats fine, but we need one of our leaders to post what the suggested beta server will be so we can play a together.

Let me know, and I'll move if need be. I'm only lvl 7 thus far.

Cory

I started a charc on 4 as well, but I went back to 1 after it crashed.

edit: I was talking to Bowser and he feels that we should decide on one race and all start together...its a good idea.

I don't mind playing any race. However, beta 1 testers guide me cause I'm a gonna be a total newbie
smile.gif

There's been a lot of confusion about what servers to join during the stress test and open beta.

Please join the Beta Server 4, which is a pvp server located on the east coast. The ping here is relatively good, even for those of you in Canada and in the western United States.

We already have three people playing here, so please create a new character and join us.

-Bowser

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Greetings, fledgling PVPer!

The primary difference on this server is that in zones designated "contested," other players of any level, on the opposite faction, have the option of attacking you. As unsavory as this may sound, you WILL need to venture into these "contested" zones after roughly your 20th level.

Please be warned: You WILL be killed in these areas. (Some more swiftly than others.) That is the nature of these contested zones, and illustrates a fundamental difference in the two servers. In fact, sometimes the zone you wish to do may be completely overrun. You may even find all your quest mobs and shopkeepers dead. Do not be alarmed: this is not permanent.

If your faction currently holds the zone, you should be able to exp for a reasonable amount of time before dying in what many of our players refer to as a "gank." If, on the other hand, the opposing faction currently holds the zone, you will likely have to move to another spot until it is safe to return. There is no guarantee that you will be able to power through your levels in peace in these contested zones, and such is their nature.

In the likely event that you are killed at some point, you are encouraged to get your corpse as quietly as possible, and move to a different spot on the map, or a different zone altogether. This is because some players enjoy lingering by your corpse in an effort to kill you a second time when you ress yourself. They will likely be higher level than you as well. Fear not, there IS a counter!

If you are having a great amount of difficulty getting your corpse from someone higher level than yourself, first ask a higher level in the zone, or neighboring zones, for assistance. I think you will be surprised at how friendly many of your factionmates can be, especially if you explain that you are being "corpse camped."

If such a person is unavailable, and you simply cannot ress and escape without dying again, don't lose hope, you may STILL ress yourself at the soul healer. You WILL lose exp for this, but it will not cost you a level, or ruin your character. In fact, it is a very small percentage of your current exp required for the next level, and is a last resort that is very infrequently required. Still, remember that no matter what happens, this is the worst possible outcome for you in any encounter, no matter how determined someone is to "grief" you.

Now, for these reasons it may take you a longer period of time to reach the maximum level on this server, compared to the Beta server. However, when you do make it, there is a good chance you will do so with a much greater sense of pride and purpose. Namely: to extract revenge upon those who made it hard for you, or to protect members of your faction who are now coming up.

Welcome, and see you on the battlefield!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/realmtypes.html

Something else to consider. I didn't realize they would be capping the servers in beta. This guy could not get on server 4 last night. (non-toj)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Heya,

I couldn't get on last night. Server was up, but it said something like: "Estimated Wait: unknown" after it logged me in. According to the forums, they do have population caps and that server was at their max number. Seems like we picked the most popular server for ST/OB.

Here's the Blizzard quote:
"Test 4 has been up all day.

If you are seeing "Estimated Wait: Unknown", just let it sit, the server is at the cap we have set for the stress test, so there will be a wait before you can log in. I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we will never hit this situation on live servers. The cap could be set a little higher than it is, but we do need to keep testing this population cap for emergencies.

Currently test 4 is the only server at the cap, though one other server may start hitting it in the next day or two."

I let it sit for 5 minutes or so, but I was too anxious to just idle. So I tried out some other toons on PvP server 15 (central). It must have been newly added, population was only medium. I periodically checked PvP4 with no luck at all.

Do we want to try and form up elsewhere or just take our chances trying to play on PvP4 for now?

Meh, I hope this doesn't happen to one of us.

Cory

I have a guy named Tommy on the beta 4.

I've added Glade and Damchi so far; the rest of you please post your names.

Beta Server 4 does not acctually crash it just has a cap, I got that Estimated Wait: Unknown message once and alt tabbed out checked the forums and went back within 3 minutes and got in.

They just have a hard cap on all the servers and beta 4 is the most popular so it is reaching that cap, I was on it for about 3 hours without any problems.

My name on beta 4 is Melko

I generally play late at night. I hardly play unless I'm in a group or my friends are on. I'll start the game, check friends list, and then log right back out if I don't see anyone.

Hey guys i stopped play glade and made a UD rogue and hes at 15 on server 13 or something but i will join u guys on server 4

guys we might have to move to a diff server
4 ahs to many people and crashes alot
maybe 16 or any of those other low pop servers
also could u guys say what race u guys are gonna be thanx very much

lol - I hope we can clear this up by the time the game releases lol, we're playing on so many different servers it's not even funny (actually, I guess it is, lol).

We're looking for another server to play on...
smile.gif

K well Vipermurder and i just started chars on 16 and r hopin u guys will join us Im a NE rogue and hes a hunter. come joins us asap btw the servers pop is at med cya l8r

Back