WoW Destruction

CGamer

Gnome Priest
My installed copy of WoW got destroyed today. I had to do a System Restore this morning because Vista wouldn't load for some reason.

I did the Restore, everything loads up fine, connect to the internet, Click WoW icon and BAM error...i was like Okay no prob, probably a mod since I had just run curse updater. Retry WoW again and the downloader pops comes up, again I'm thinking no problem, probably a small patch to address 3.2 stuff. Then I notice the WoW version number 3.1.xx, I'm like oh my gosh system restore reverted WoW to 3.1.

I tried reinstalling the patch but everytime it starts going I get an error message stating signaturefile cant be accessed...please reinstall WoW or run Repair, which I ran Repair and no deal...so it looks like I'm stuck w/ no WoW for now, I'll be back as soon as I can. :( :( :(

If you have a somewhat good connection you can always redownload the entire game by going to their website and logging into your account.

do you have an external hard drive? or does any of your friends have one?

Azami azzie and I used to play a lot in our school's library using an external hard drive, basically you download the game and install it on another computer, then copy the entire folder over to the external hard drive, then put it on your computer (remember to update all the patches on that other computer too before making the copy).

simple copy/paste, you can even use a public library's computer to do that i think.

Good news, I'm back up and running WoW. I had made a backup copy of stuff from my old comp after it kicked the bucket which included WoW too. So copied that version of WoW over to this comp and repatched it to the current version since I'll had all the patch files saved.

Currently I'm using a great new program I found called SyncBack which will essentially create a backup copy of my WoW folder and update it as it changes. So hopefully no more WoW issues in the future.

I feel your pain sorta.......been patching my laptop since last night some time trying to update WOW...almost got 3.1 installed I think.....

Last edited:
Back