Writer position open at Bioware

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Love RPGs? Love writing? Love Austin, Texas? Then this Writer job at Bioware might just be a perfect fit.
Key Responsibilities

* Creates story concepts
* Working within the framework of the critical path, create compelling and intriguing plots, subplots and characters
* Responsible for all dialogue, journal entries and rewrites
* Responsible for solid understanding of IP and overall story/critical path of project
* Maintains materials and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
* Reviews documentation and recommends revisions or change in scope, format, or content
More information at Careers@Bioware

I would LOVE this job, but i dont think they would hire a college freshman/junior (its a 2-year college so i dont know which i am)...I'd love to see my ideas turned into a game..

I would LOVE this job, but i dont think they would hire a college freshman/junior (its a 2-year college so i dont know which i am)...I'd love to see my ideas turned into a game..
This would be something of a dream job for me as well. The main reason that I'm not applying is that I wouldn't be able to relocate to Austin, Texas before next May at the earliest.

It sounds like the application could take a week's worth of free time to put together, plus I would need to purchase a copy of Neverwinter Nights to even apply.

Aye, it's a dream job, but I can't justify buying another PC game just to apply for a job.

This would be something of a dream job for me as well. The main reason that I'm not applying is that I wouldn't be able to relocate to Austin, Texas before next May at the earliest.

It sounds like the application could take a week's worth of free time to put together, plus I would need to purchase a copy of Neverwinter Nights to even apply.

Aye, it's a dream job, but I can't justify buying another PC game just to apply for a job.

You should be able to buy the Diamond Edition of NWN for less than 20 bucks.

http://www.google.com/products?q=neverwinter+nights+diamond&scoring=p

[toj.cc]phantom;260939 said:
You should be able to buy the Diamond Edition of NWN for less than 20 bucks.

http://www.google.com/products?q=neverwinter+nights+diamond&scoring=p
Since I was laid off this week; yesterday was my last day at work. Since we had anticipated having more money before moving in January, we've decided not to buy any Christmas presents and I'm even skipping purchasing Unreal Tournament 3.

In short, I don't think I could justify spending even $20 for a game right now. :(

On a related note, does anyone have a copy of Neverwinter Nights I can borrow for 3 weeks to create an application? ^^;;

Heh, if I had your express promise that you'd delete it as soon as you were done, I'd MSN you mine. That being said, Nero hates me so I can't make .iso files any more :(

What really bothers me is that since Bioware got bought out last month, their head office is Austen, Texas, and not my home town anymore. :S

Heh, if I had your express promise that you'd delete it as soon as you were done, I'd MSN you mine.
No worries. Another forum member sent me a valid CD key they weren't using. I just need to install NWN to my notebook computer and I'm read' to go.

~2,100 words of dialogue written, ~900 words left to write.

I have some gaps to fill in my current draft and another scene to write. I should be able to stick to my original outline and still meet the 3,000 word quota.

Sqweak! tm

I have some gaps to fill in my current draft and another scene to write. I should be able to stick to my original outline and still meet the 3,000 word quota.

<cheers> Tek, Tek, he's the man if he can't do it no one can! </cheers>

Tek iz our leader.

If you are stuck on story ideas add a heroic Gerbil people can never get enough of them :D

Thanks for the cheers, guys. :)

According to the BioWare Austin Jobs page, they're still looking for a Writer, so I still have time to finish and send in my application.

Of course, I have to split my time between searching for a job, managing two online organizations, and spending time with my wife, family, and local friends.

I guess we'll see how it goes. :)

I'll set aside how badly i'd like to work for bioware for about 5 years (Until i get my degree). Anyways, Best of luck to you, Tek, hopefully you'll be able to get it

I'm still stuck at 2,100 words. :(

I'm starting to worry that I've waited too long to apply. I thought about calling BioWare, but that might eliminate the tiny chance I had left of them reading my application past the first two lines.

/cry

I'm still stuck at 2,100 words. :(

I'm starting to worry that I've waited too long to apply. I thought about calling BioWare, but that might eliminate the tiny chance I had left of them reading my application past the first two lines.

/cry

Keep writing man. You can do it! Ooh RAH!

/bump

Wow. The Writer position is still open. Click here for the new job description page.

Back