Yes, my computer is slow

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Chances are good that I'll be the last to load into any StarCraft II match. The lethargy of my Dell Studio 1737 and its ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 has served as inspiration for a running joke during the SC2 beta. Yes, my computer is old and it's likely going to be a long while before I can reasonably afford to buy the parts to build a new machine.

Those wishing to contribute to the cause and help me build a new computer sooner may send money to the following Paypal addresses:
  • ohmywordtekscomputerissoslow AT toj DOT cc
  • cmontekthrowoutanotherhamster AT toj DOT cc
  • whatkindachipyougotinthereadorito AT toj DOT cc
</tongueincheek>

Last edited:
My four grand of imaginary money keeps getting rejected with those e-mails. I think you have a typo somewhere. Should the j in toj be capitalized maybe?

First people created "your Momma is so fat" jokes and now, for the modern age, we all make up "your computer is so slow" jokes :p .

First people created "your Momma is so fat" jokes and now, for the modern age, we all make up "your computer is so slow" jokes :p .
That does indeed seem to be the trend.

Keero: Let me know the exchange rate for your imaginary dollars to real dollars and we'll talk.

I ended up dropping $85 on a 4GB RAM kit in late July, received and installed the kit in early August, and saw an immediate performance improvement (as explained in greater detail here).

But if people would like to throw a few dollars toward my next upgrade (a faster hard drive with larger capacity), well, then who I am to stop you? :p

Last edited:
Back