Yes sir, I like it

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I played about an hour and a half of Guild Wars 2 with my wife tonight. And I liked it. I really liked it.

Unfortunately, I can't justify dropping $120 (or anywhere near that much) on 2 copies of the game, so I'll be waiting for a great sale on GW2 before picking it up. But I very likely will pick up 2 copies when the game drops below $40. And yes, I know I'll be waiting a while, but I decided that I would never spend $60 on a game again after buying StarCraft II.

But I definitely plan on joining you all whenever I do pick up the game at a more reasonable price and I'm very much looking forward to it!

EDIT: Oh, and GW2 does play on my laptop...on lowest graphics settings. And even then, it lags a bit during the chaos of "orange ring" world events. My wife's laptop runs the game on highest graphics without breaking a sweat, of course. -_- Of course, my laptop's graphics performance may be irrelevant very soon since FedEx tracking shows that my repaired mainboard should be arriving on Monday, meaning I'll be able to assemble a system that should be able to play GW2 at least on Medium at 30 FPS. :D

Last edited:
lag should be better once the game goes live and there's not so many people creating characters at the same time.

But I'm glad you like it! After ready post after post after post of Tek not liking games, I was worried how GW2 was going to fare :p

It takes a little effort to not like GW2, it is such a well thought out game, and not just attempting a cash cow on the success of the first. Welcome Tek. Did you get in the guild? I don't remember giving an invite.

Glad to hear it, Tek - look forward to teaming up sometime in the future.

Unfortunately, I can't justify dropping $120 (or anywhere near that much) on 2 copies of the game, so I'll be waiting for a great sale on GW2 before picking it up. But I very likely will pick up 2 copies when the game drops below $40. And yes, I know I'll be waiting a while, but I decided that I would never spend $60 on a game again after buying StarCraft II.

But I definitely plan on joining you all whenever I do pick up the game at a more reasonable price and I'm very much looking forward to it!

pssh, once I get my PFD I'll just throw you 2 copies!!

Last edited:
lag should be better once the game goes live and there's not so many people creating characters at the same time.

But I'm glad you like it! After ready post after post after post of Tek not liking games, I was worried how GW2 was going to fare :p
Oh, no, I knew all along that there was a very good chance I'd be playing GW2. I love the pay model for GW2 (read: I won't play a MMO where I have to pay a monthly fee but most free-to-play games are a bore). And I'll certainly lean into a game that smacks of a quick cash grab, but I show a lot of love to a lot of games out there. (Seriously, just do a forums search for "Jamestown" and you'll be surprised that I ever shut up about the game.)

What kind of laptop?
Lenovo Ideapad Y570 with a mobile i7 processor, a GeForce 555M, and 8GB RAM. The machine can run Guild Wars 2 on highest graphic settings without breaking a sweat. Hard not to be jealous.

Good thing it's $59.99, wut wut. :p
We need to keep a /slap total running for you, Keero.

It takes a little effort to not like GW2, it is such a well thought out game, and not just attempting a cash cow on the success of the first. Welcome Tek. Did you get in the guild? I don't remember giving an invite.
I did, though I wasn't very social with guildies as I only had about 2 hours of total play time during the BWE and I spent an hour and a half of that with my wife.

pssh, once I get my PFD I'll just throw you 2 copies!!
Don't toy with my emotions, Gator. :p

I'd feel a little sheepish since you and your bros already bought me and my wife a PS3 (with an extra controller and 2 games), but I'd be hard-pressed to resist 2 free copies of GW2.

*smh* he's shameless
Guilty as charged. :)

Just to clarify: My wife and I can afford to buy 2 copies of Guild Wars 2 at full price, we just choose not to because we know the game will go on sale for $40 or less eventually and, as much as I look forward to playing GW2 with LoE, we know we should be prudent with our money and wait for a sale or price drop. Being responsible (and being frugal) isn't much fun, but the alternative is far worse.

Back