Yo! All you dudes and dudettes (I'm showing my age)

MouseOfAslan

So many things have happend to me for so long, sometimes I don't know if I'm upside right, or rightside down. Some of the best have been the wonderful people I've been playing with in War and WoW. :p

Recently I've made a decision to go back to school. Don't know how far I'll make it, but I hope to have your prayers as I start and go along. My field of choice is to be a Christian Therapist. I'm fairly certain that I'll have to start over as all my credits date back to 1978-1979. I'll have to utilize grants and loans if I am able to find them, so I could use lots of prayers over the years as I move along on this path. I'm sure I'll have to get a job which will probably put this into a longer process than if I were a 'kid' again and had parental support.

A friend gave me her son's Intermediate Algebra book, and I'm going to start with that, since that was my worst subject in the past. This evening I started on the review section of the book and didn't run screaming and pulling my hair out, so I'm optimistic. :eek:

As sure as all get out, I know I'll probably have some 'downs' on my health, but I want to get all I can get out of my 'ups'. Maybe the up I'm having now will continue to get better with seeing this new doctor. I realize I might have some downs, but I'm looking forward to continuing ups!

You all have been a wonderful part of my life and I want that to continue as I use WoW for my stress release. Recently all I've been doing is goofing off, which I'll probably do for a while more yet till I get my act together and focus on leveling Antherialli. The future will tell whether I will have time for raids, at least maybe I can get her leveled to sub in when needed.

If you want company for anything or questing, I have a lot of toons and I'm very willing to help out, tag along etc.

See you in game:D

Stop goofing off. Get your act together! Follow those dreams! We miss Anther! And Schmeea! So many rogue drops, so few rogues to take them.

Mouse,

It's great to see another 'adult of great wisdom' continue their education. Jeresther (RN) and I (information management) started back Fall of '08. It hasn't been easy to say the least. I have written paper after paper and still have 9 more weeks of Research Writing class to go. Only with the Lord's help do we continue down this road.

It does put a huge bite in playtime too. I've found that I have to make myself do homework, just like when I was in high school.

Congrats on your progress in the College Achievement. Hopefully we will all ding soon.

I'm projecting about a 10 year haul, hopefully less if I can get things together, but I know it will be long. Still, it feels like the right thing to do. I really want to do something in which I can help people.

/cast bug to go to college (10 year cool down)

It must be something in the water. I am also checking back into finishing college. Most of my credits are from the early and mid 90's when I had to drop out from almost getting killed by a drunk driver.

I have taught photography for about 7 years but am only able to do that because of all the professional experience I have.

I'm 38 and finally able to get back I think. Most of my health problems are under control and with my job I set my own hours so it will work well with school. Kind of scares me though to think about going back to school but I am looking forward to it also.

Jer and I are both 37 and it's not easy, but worth persevering through it.

I'm looking at a 5 year stint because of the load I'm taking. 3 classes per semester.

Jer has to finish her RN within 7 years or the science classes expire. She would then have to take them all over again and that would be torture. She thought biology was hard until she started Anatomy and Physiology.

I'm seeing an admissions advisor at the NEW CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (yipee) which just opened up here in RENO!!!!! Have an appointment on Monday and they will look at my old transcripts. Meadows Bible College here in Reno, merged with Multnomah University (out of Portland OR). This is so exciting, like it was meant to be.

It is sooooo awesome to see ya'll press on with higher education! You are NEVER too old to learn! Remember, the blessings from the Lord which are encountered in the pursuit of education are directly proportional to the amount of study/preparation put into your studies. In this case, faith cometh by doing! But God blesses when you apply yourself!

Hebrews 4:11-13..Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

I want Gods message to be alive and working in me. To give God something to use for His glory, so unless I nurture my brain and knowledge, how can I expect Him to be able to use me.

Tonight I had my meeting with the counselor at the new Multnomah University Reno/Tahoe Campus. The good news is that many of my classes can be transferred, he's guessing maybe from 7-9 of them. He still has to send them to the admissions office in Portland OR for official decision on what will be used. I'd be happy with 3-4 classes, and will be ecstatic if it is 7-9. So, I'm moving forward, but haven't done much with the math book yet, only gotten about 10 pages into the review... need to get my but in gear and work on building some study habits.

Back