Your Favorite SoE Moment

Post a story here about your favorite SoE moment-- it can be about anyone or anything.

My favorite story will receive 5k and a green weapon of your profession. The winner will be announced at the 1st Annual SoE Anniversary Bash.

Start writing, folks!

i think it was the night with halonic when i proved to everyone i am a stance tank

My favorite SoE moment

I’m not sure if it's fair to enter this, since it was already posted. But this really was the most enjoyable moment I’ve ever experienced in Guild Wars, bar none.

My original post:

For those of you who haven't been involved in GvG lately, we've been using a Minion-Army strategy, where one guy sacrifices, another makes a minion from his body and a rezzmer brings the guy back up - over and over and over again. You end up with a pretty good army of minions- and since this build is underused, most guilds aren't well-prepared for it. Sometimes they don't know what is happening until it is too late. Last night was one of those times.

The opposing guild definitely had the advantage against us, and they became so over-confident in victory that they just stood there at the door and taunted us, using the Local channel to tell us to get ready for our booties to get kicked (using a bit more harsh language). We still controlled the flag staff for quite a while after that, they weren't even bothering to retake it. They could have gotten a thief and stormed in, and we would have probably been dead. But instead, they just stood there at the gate and taunted us, while we were busy building our army-'o-minions. And when they came in, they got SLAUGHTERED.

To me, the funniest part was when we were storming their HQ with our minion armies, and one of the opposing players typed "Kill the #@$@#$ Necro".

TOO LATE.

Gaming Computer - $800
Guild Wars - $45
DSL - $40/month
Watching an unsportsman-like guild eat our minion armies - priceless.

I'd have to agree with dorkelf, but since thats already used I'll have to go with the time that Atown claimed to once have been pastori's gf...

One of the best momets I have ever had was on a IDS run with Halonic, Joeybabyface , and there were a few others. It was the first time Teamspeak really got used it was so much fun how everyone was joking around having a very good time!! BTW Joey Were you been!!! Get on TS :0)

But I loved Dorkself's Moment as well but he did it already :0).

I think my favorite SoE moment was when a group of guildees ran me through the Crystal Desert to get all my collector armor and the map points. I'd never done a run, or been in the Desert, so it was fun. I died lots, but I wasn't the one who had to stay alive, so I still had a blast.

The best part of it was the generosity of everyone, and their willingness to help me. I was still new to the guild, but they gave me all the collector items I needed to get the armor. I really wish I remembered who was with me, but at the time the only guildee I knew was Dredd, so I was still a bit confused. (I know Dredd was there, and maybe Hathil? I'm not totally sure.)

It's my favorite because it captures our guild's greatest strength: great people who genuinely want to help others and will go out of their way to do so.

I think one of my favorite moments just happened.

We were going up against another Christian guild in an unrated battle, using the modded minion factory. :cool: We just got in and Halonic was supposed to be our saccer. We're at the gate, but Hal isn't dying. :confused: Turns out he grabbed the wrong skill so he couldn't sac. :eek:
Well, we figured might as well just head out and meet 'em at the flag stand. So we run out, get almost to the flag stand, and all of a sudden, everyone gets disconnected from GW and a chorus of "What the?"s resounds from Teamspeak. :eek:
Fortunately, this case of divine intervention allowed Halonic to grab the right skill, and enabled us to reenter the battle and beat them. :)

So in summary: God crashed GW for us. :D

Last edited:
Thrawn said:
I think one of my favorite moments just happened.

We were going up against another Christian guild in an unrated battle, using the modded minion factory. :cool: We just got in and Halonic was supposed to be our saccer. We're at the gate, but Hal isn't dying. :confused: Turns out he grabbed the wrong skill so he couldn't sac. :eek:
Well, we figured might as well just head out and meet 'em at the flag stand. So we run out, get almost to the flag stand, and all of a sudden, everyone gets disconnect from GW and a chorus of "What the?"s resounds from Teamspeak. :eek:
Fortunately, this case of divine intervention allowed Halonic to grab the right skill, and enabled us to reenter the battle and beat them. :)

So in summary: God crashed GW for us. :D

Phew! I was SO relieved when we got dropped, it was great to actually get to use Minion-way rather than have to speculate afterwards, "well...if Halonic had been able to sac..."

Paul

Poor Halonic........just can't get any respect........lol.

I was in a hurry and grabbed Well of Power instead of Blood is Power. Bet I clicked on Well of Power 50 times before I finally realized what had happened.

Halonic said:
Poor Halonic........just can't get any respect........lol.

Oh no, it's just that you're so good that when you do make a mistake we all remember. Halonic is wonderful. Halonic is kind. (Halonic is also unbelievably rich, so Halonic is definitely doing something right!)

i believe me and dredd were doing the desert run that time.

I believe the best time has to relate to the jokes about why in the world is atown tanking

Thrawn said:
Ha, she's just sucking up in the hopes you'll share the wealth. :p

(just kidding ^_^)

If she was so concerned about wealth, she certainly wouldn't have married me! I'm the only person I know who ENVIES the salary that school teachers make! :eek:

Paul

Thrawn said:
Ha, she's just sucking up in the hopes you'll share the wealth. :p

(just kidding ^_^)
Not true! Halonic has already been more than generous. Thanks to him, I have a great staff! (And a great bow, thanks to my generous husband.) I just like to take every opportunity to thank those who have been kind, and let them know they are appreciated. :)

And as far as money goes, Paul's family is rich...compared to mine. :eek: But I'll take true love over fiscal riches any day.

Yeah, he's been great to me too. :)

"Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe...
[smacks his lips]
They're so perky, I love that." :D

Back