Your Greatest GW moment?

Well, it finally happened for me on Tuesday night, after PvP. NIGHTFALL SPOILERS AHEAD

As anyone who has finished Nightfall knows, the real boss of endgame isn't Abaddon, the God of Wimpiness. No, it's the same boss of Factions, Shiro Tagachi, who you face with the Undead Lich from Prophecies fame at the end of the second to last NF mission. The Lich is a pushover, but Shiro is a different story. At approximately 1/3 of his health remaining, he starts spamming two skills-- Against All Odds, which gives him a kind of continual Hundred Blades effect, and a skill which I can't remember the name of that makes all of his attacks life stealing-- the damage dishes out is absorbed, and he dishes out a ton.

On my first attempt at the mission, I gathered a typical, well rounded PUG. We got to Shiro and beat him down to about 1/3 health, when he started spamming those skills and decimated everyone but myself and a ranger, who hit him with Crip Shot so we could run away.

We went back and rezzed and ran as much as we could. 2nd attempt, WHAM, same two left alive about 20 seconds after Shiro hit 1/3 health. Amazingly, no one dropped. I formulated a plan.

I told the team to send in only one melee at a time, and that melee should only stay on him to gain enough adrenaline to cripple him, then run out. The ranger would continue to cripshot, and I would sit in a clump with the two eles and two monks and spam Song of Power, which gives 4 pips of energy regen to the group until they use a skill. If Shiro came after us, we would scatter.

I started that mission at 12:55 AM EST. At 2:40 AM, Shiro finally succumbed to my group, and I almost collapsed from exhaustion. Fortunately, my bed is in the next room over, so I crawled into bed about 3 hours before I had to get up.

So, any good stories like that one you'd like to share?

I don't have a "best moment", but I have what I THOUGHT (note the "thought") was the best moments at the time. Like when I got a "free" ogre slaying knife from someone and thought I was at the top of the world. "My first green!!" I thought.

And then reality hit. >_>

I'd have to say when i finally figured out that weapon damage was based on how many point you had in the skill required to use the weapon. I was under the silly notion that as a warrior, if you put more into strength well....you hit harder...not the case in GW.

Really changed the game when i could go into FoW/SF and do like 60 - 70 damage opposed to 5.

Also my first trip through the three fire island missions in prophesies, I was in a pug and we sweep the first two bonus and all, got to the thrid and things got tough. By the time we made it to thse orb thingys we were down to four people. After a lot of plulling and dying, we made it passed them, and the next boss. We got into the last area with that dark stone you don't want to die on, got the boss about half way down..........and error 7.....errr.....

We failed the third mission, but the first two, and more so the last half of the third every body worked together and we got through some really tough spots.

Last edited:
I'd have to say when i finally figured out that weapon damage was based on how many point you had in the skill required to use the weapon. I was under the silly notion that as a warrior, if you put more into strength well....you hit harder...not the case in GW.

Partially true. While your weapons damage is based on its requirement(meeting the requirement makes it possible to deal max damage, 12 in your attribute makes your weapon deal 100% damage and 16 in your attribute raises your damage to about 110%[saw this on guildwiki]) Strength DOES increase damage. Each rank in Strength gives you 1% armor penetration. So while it's not a lot, your attack damage does increase a small amount with attribute points in Strength. I personally am not a fan of Armor Penetration, I only use Strength for ths nice skillset it has.

MY greatest GW moment was finally getting on after i was accepted into SoE. and after my first semester project was done and i went through withdrawls...

I think my greatest moment was the first time I went on a trapping run in the UW with Halonic. Watching those bulls run into our traps and drop dead was awesome. The closest thing to it is being in a Barrage/Pet group and dealing massive DPS to groups of baddies. Rangers FTW!

Back