Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neutral

• its ok

• greatest card game ever existed

• Total voters
Dark / Fiends. ~50 Cards. And it is a tough nut to crack. It was originally built around my Dark Necrofear. Since then, I have added some little suprises to keep people jumping. Its not a true Dark Necrofear deck (I only have one in it). There are enough other cards to keep people on their toes such as Shadow Ghoul and a couple of sweet Dark zombie cards that gain 300 strength per round. My magic and trap cards are a mix of good defense (2 fissure, 3 trap holes) and dark monster type support cards such as field magic and the like. Plus, some attack magic cards like ookazi, just so I can get some damage here and there, especially on rounds where I am building a strat and just want to do some quick damage.

At one time, we (my son and I) built him a nice dragon\winged beast deck deck. And as with a lot of 10 year olds, he decided to try other things. Now he simply has like 75-100 cards and hopes to simply outlast me.

LOL i use about 85 cards and mine is somewhat built around my sanga of thunder. and tasty without a specific deck type u have just random cards thrown in and i would doubt u win alot. no offense bro. now peon did u notice any increase in strategy or increase in brian power when your son started playing??

That's not necessarily true Atown. Out of 150 or so cards that I was given, I crafted a pretty good deck. Just because I don't have a specific "type" of deck it doesn't mean I'm not good, and the cards I picked most certainly aren't random cards thrown in.
wink.gif

When I get back to school I'll give you my deck setup, and if there's a name for it you can tell me.

I've never played in any tournaments or anything, just friendly games at school, so I'm not as hardcore as you think...I just like the game, and after playing Yu-Gi-Oh WWE for GBA all of last summer I decided to get into the real thing.

LOL. i never really liked the video games they just seemd kinda unrealistic. and ur lucky u havent had to spend much money. i have a fair deck for $60. and alot of oh i dont know, how should i say it? creative management of trades that happen to be in my favor
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]notice any increase in strategy or increase in brian power when your son started playing??

Pretty much right away. He began to reason out how to bet my deck. It took him a week, but, he finally found some combinations that win 2 out of 5 games. Which is much better then his first 20 games...which was a 20 game loosing streak for him. LOL.

ok so he has increased in strategy useing a card game. you do consider that a good thing even though it has magic and monsters??

LOL. for me i noticed my BW and chess strat increased when i started playing yugioh.

Well, Eon, Call of Cthulhu bored me to tears...I couldn't expect the board game to be much better.
Yea...chess. Thinking to slay your opponents meticulously and maliciously...verily the demons of thought and rationale have clung to your mind and have poisoned your ears with the whispers of the Underlord. Pray for mercy, ye dogs!

Actually, Eon, I don't know much about spirits. I can only assume. I don't hang out with exorcists or witness demon possessions...I can only resort to the laughable crap that I'm allowed to hear uttered in my hearing regarding miraculous recoveries, angelic protection, and forces of Satan. So, alas, I am at a standstill in the spirit world.
Have you any experience with them?

well feel the presence of God all the time so in a way i could say yes.

I've been to rituals where certain forces were harnessed, yes. Some of the places I've attended rituals you can barely avoid old spirits - the place is that powerful. I don't do that sort of thing too often, and never alone - always in a group.

Basically, there are lots of precautions you should take, lots of protection available if you know how to use it. I wouldn't dream of summoning ANYTHING without it, any more than I'd consider SkyDiving without a parachute.

Eon

Like what kind of protections? Too many fantasy books conjure the image of a cowled ancient crone bent over muttering some gibberish as he twists his hands in circles, standing in a protective circle of ancient runes carefully etched into the stone or dirt so that way the spirit he summons in the brazier of fire can't get out...yet most fantasy books are inspired by Northern mythos.
Is it like that? Or more practical? Seeing as how it would be an ancient practice, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see something like that. What happens at a summoning?

wow dang we are diverse. from an innocent game of cards to summoning spirits :p . and protection i would think for occults are prayers to good gods or good spirits while toying with neutral or evil spirits

Well, let's see. Everyone has their own way of doing things, but I generally do it this way.

1. Call the quarters. Announce yourself to the spirits of the North, East, West and South. Each compass point has a different set of spiritual archetypes associated with it. Let the spirits know what you're doing and ask them to prevent any harm or ill working.

2. Form a circle about the quarters. Could be done by passing a smoking incense burner or a candle. Once the item has done a full circle it is taken back into the centre, where the High Priest/ess (whoever is running the ritual) announces the circle complete, and forbids anyone from working harm within it. At this point you usually welcome the spirit you intended to summon, ask uninvited guests to depart or watch quietly and begin the working.

After the ceremony the circle is broken and the quarters dismissed. This is to prevent an unnatural build up of energy at the site, and to let the guardians of the four quarters know you're done for the day, and thank them for their help.

This happens only after the working has been judged complete - either in success or failure. The idea is that you thank the spririts involved for their help and let them know you're done. Sometimes they need a little shove to get moving - I guess they got used to being ignored during the Medieval times. Occaisionally you get a rogue spirit (what I'd call a Loki) that enters the circle under false pretences and tries to cause trouble - sometimes they do wreck the ritual, but they can usually be dealt with by banishment. I've never actually seen one go wrong that way, but I know people who have.

As to what happens in the bits in between the calling of the quarters and the dismissal of the same quarters - well that depends on what sort of working you're attempting. Some rites are fairly well documented and formulaic - most are custom built for the particular ritual. They include songs, chants, prayers, visualisations, dream quests, directed meditation, storytelling, sacrificial gifts (usually food, drink and other tokens) and dedications.

yeah sounds bout right. now do the spirits ever say there is an evil person amongest the people at teh rituals?? and how many converts in a year do u get?? and since the earth is round could u just call the spirits of the north and have that call just go around the globe??

North is less a physical direction and more an archetypal state. The spirits of the North live IN the North, so if you go far enough they're South, aren't they? ;)

Converts? I'm not sure what the figures are, I'm afraid, as they aren't properly collated and presented. In some areas Asatru is the fastest growing religion (Iceland) but outside of the North itself it grows more slowly. It has a strong following in US prisons - where a religion that stresses independence and strength is attractive. Wicca, however, is growing much quicker.

Generally the spirits don't pass judgement per se - but if you have someone working at cross purposes you might not get the results / power you're looking for - it becomes easy to spot for those who are experienced (I'm not!).

well since they are "powerfull" cant they resist resist being channeled or watever u do to them to gain their power wether or not u did the ceremony correctly??

You ever studied Judo? An idea adopts a certain form, that form takes on more power as it takes on more form, until you end up with a God.

You can throw 180lbs of weight lifter to the ground, but you can't hold a handful of sand for long.

Eon

uuuh WTH is that wight lifter, sand thingy suppose to mean?? and no i havent studyd judo nor do i know what that is. and also if u harness a spirits power then what?

Back