Zelda

jjosprey

Some one please help me to understand what the big deal is with all the Zelda franchises.I have played several and none of them have come anywhere near to blowing me away. In fact they get boring quickly. At first I thought it was just odd then I learned that the newest version set a presales record of 1 million copies. What am I missing?

Maybe you just don't like the adventure gameplay.

I happen to like all of them (first one I played was on the NES), but I still haven't gotten the new one.

I've played them all except for the newest one on the gamecube.

I still like the original 2 on the NES the best (the Adventure of Link is my favorite of those two).

The SNES and gameboy versions were alright, but I just didn't enjoy them as much as the originals.

I was excited about the N64 games when they were coming out, but I was disappointed when I actually played them. They were fun, but I think they were overhyped.

I've heard that the new Gamecube version is a lot of fun, but I haven't played it yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will. (no gamecube, and no plans on buying one)

I only played up to the N64's Arconia of Time (<-- I think I spelled that wrong).

I loved all of them personally, but I like that style of game. My favorites are all the adventure, RPG, and strategy games. I enjoy a good FPS everyone now and then, but they are not my favorite.

As it was mentioned earlier, maybe those types of games just aren't your cup of tea.

You all are correct I am more of a RTS person. The only adventure game that I really did like was the original spyro the dragon game for the playstation.
So what is it that ya'll like about adventure games anyway?

Ive played A link to the past and Ocarina of Time im playing through Majora's Mask right now but that ones is proboably my least favorite. I also have Links Awakening for Gameboy. Im getting a gamecube soon and gonna pick up this zelda. There all a lot of fun but you need to enjoy puzzles and lots of searching around dungeons and figuring out stuff.

Majora's Mask sucks. Bad. The plot is horrible. But his flips are pretty cool, and I like his transformation masks. But I hate the back and forth of time travel in it. SO GAY.
Ocarine of Time is the best game in the world. It is so awesome. I could play it forever. The plot is wonderful, the controls easy, and the gameplay interesting! SIdequests, dialoge (not much), cool 64 bit graphics, and a story!
Link to the Past was fun...I liked it. Legend of Zelda on NES sucks because I can't save! It's too hard, as well. I hate it. THe dungeons switch up on you.
I never played LoZ 2, the side scrolling one that looked like Mario, or the GameBoy one, Link's Awakening.
And Wind Waker rocks. I'm playing it now. It is so cool looking.

Why cant you save in the oringal one? You gotta hold reset when you turn if off or something, havnet played it in years. Or better yet play the Version they have for the comp someone remade the hole game not a rom but reworking of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ April 03 2003,5:48)]Why cant you save in the oringal one?
The cartridge battery is probably dead. From what I understand, the some of the old games had a small battery in them which provided power for the game to be saved. If that battery dies, then your saved games are gone as soon as you turn off the console.

Back