[Zerg] Tactics, Counters, Tricks, Tips

SyrianRue

Here is a neat little trick you can do with infestors that i learned from psystarcraft:

Normally you can't cast neuro or fungal growth while being burrowed; however, if you use the hotkey and press R (for burrow) and immediately hit either E (for neuro) or F (for fungal growth), your infestor will burrow like he does normally, but you will also be able to cast those spells :D

ps. if you have a group of 3 infestors for example. group them by doing ctrl + (a number of your choosing).

so say i have those 3 infestors assigned to group 1, i would press 1 to select them, then quickly press R, immediately followed by E... and then hold shift to select one enemy after anothe to neuro.

the shift key allows you to utilize all the infestors's neuro ability. without the shift key, only one of your infestor will actually cast his spell.

to see it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp_hW8r827c

Another fun thing you can do with infestor is to neuro a a protoss probe. Once you have that unit under control, you can build a nexus, and from then on you can basically build anything you want. even a mothership. (just remember though, since you're still a zerg. eventhough you now have the abilitty to build protoss buildings and units, your screen wont show how much energy is required to build those protoss buildings. So, if you get a red message (i forgot exactly what it says) it just means that you need to build some pylons first 'cuz protoss buildings require energy.

i hear you can only do this on Protoss, but feel free to play around with it with your friends and let me know if it works on Terrans as well.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is something that will get patched out in the first or second patch, so I wouldn't make either an important piece of your strategies.

yeah most likely. i like the first one though... hopefully they'll let us keep it.

but hopefully by then zergs will finally get some upgrades!! lol

i was alerady in game today when my friend told me about the new update... i got so excite, i restarted my sc2 right away.... only to see no upgrades on zergs and no nerfs on terrans :\

ARGH! :rolleyes:

Back