ZG Run Goals

Reasons why I think we did not get enough people: college is getting ready to start back up, there was a AQ20 starting up and another ZG starting up. Two other 20 man runs are not good.

But next week we will try again. It also didn't help that we were a little short on healers.

I personally was experiencing horrible lag, but i'm not sure if it was my system or the server/isp/connection to my house. I think Sheri said that she also had some lag issues..but not as bad as mine. :/

heh. It didn't for the most part. We had a total of 15 people come. I only remember 1 person being from outside of TF. Not sure on why no one from the SGA came. Anywho, we had to reset the snake boss 3 or so times and still couldn't beat him. It just wasn't our night. I myself did not suffer any lag, but I'm not sure if anyone else did. Either way, it just wasn't our night and we will try again this week. :)

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I am planning on being there this week so that would make 16...

Run Goals for 9/1

Well the first goal I guess would be to get 20 people. :)

Besides for that we are going for the following bosses in this order: Spider, Bloodlord/Tiger and Snake. Spider is the warm-up to the hardest boss we will hit then to the easiest which should finish out the night nicely.

Just a reminder to please sign up either in GEM or on Group Calendar so I can get a handle on how many are coming or attempting to come to ZG.

Unfortunately I forgot that I have a wedding rehersal dinner tonight for a wedding we are going to on Monday so I will not be able to make tonights ZG run :(

There's a BBQ for a wedding I'm going to be in tomorrow, so I won't be arround.

Any of you remember the original Daeder? It is his wedding. :)

Yeah Ronald bought the account from another of my nephews, Joel. Joel was an officer in the guild and one of the "original" members of The Forgiven...he stopped playing WoW because he met a girl and wanted to spend time with her. As you can see, the result is that they are getting married on Saturday.

First off I would like to say that ZG sign-ups are now in two places. One for TF, Group Calendar, and one for SGA, GEM. This is in response to the LAG that GEM has been causing some/most of our users.

One question for those out there, I am thinking of skipping one week of ZG and setting up an AQ run for those that need the item from the first boss. What do you think of that idea or should we try and schedule an extra run?

I am decidedly ambivalent. Experiencing new content may be refreshing; on the other hand, how far would/could we go? I've only been to AQ20 once; getting to, and taking down, the first boss wasn't difficult. I'm not sure that we can do the second boss, though (I've only seen one ill-prepared attempt). We'll definately need poison cleansing abilities in there and a very competent puller (Ryer, stay home! :p ).

My dad will be in town for one night this weekend. Not sure which yet, but we won't be available on whichever night it is.

I'm happy to blast either instance to smithereens. I'd prefer to set up a different run for AQ - maybe on Saturday night?

Friday nights are my only real reserved night for raiding. I would like to get that other venom sac. Next Friday night should work good for me as I am on-call for work from tomorrow morning (Sept 8) until next Friday morning.

IMHO, my suggestion for every friday:

Kill Kurinnaxx; portal to SW, spend the rest of the evening in ZG.

I personally would not bother with Rajaxx until Hakkar can be successfully downed. (Having everyone Friendly with Cenarion Circle helps immensely too.)

What Kurinaxx gets you fairly easily:
1. Class Book (very important)
2. Chance at sweet DPS caster robe
3. Chance at sweet DPS melee dagger
4. Cenarion Circle rep.
5. An opportunity to practice tank rotations

Over time, getting Kurinnaxx alone on farm will help significantly in ZG, purely through the books.

Last edited:
I think Crackotage may be very right...

but he forgot

6. Chance at very sweet teddytank gloves.
7. Scarab Coffers and a chance to at least get some pieces of the AQ20 3-piece set.

For the (admittedly rare) times I can actually join the Fri. night raid, I really like the "hit the first AQ20 boss then ZG" idea. shakes things up a little bit, and maybe allows some of us to get a couple upgrades, along with Cen Circle rep (hard to get).

I have been on group which have done the second boss a couple times, and frankly, It didnt seem as hard as Hakkar, but maybe thats jsut the group I was with. Either way, if I have a chance to get in, its all good.

Back