Molten Core Loot Handout Changes! Please Read!!

Quantum_Man

In an effort to help make our MC runs go as smoothly and efficiently as possible, we are going to try something new this Friday regarding the loot handouts after we down a boss and when BOEs drop. The ultimate goal and structure is as follows:

Every class has a class leader, CL, who in their own individual class chat channels, will know ahead of time who wants what items off the bosses, and who will also know who has the highest DKP amongst them. So when that certain item drops off the boss, the CL knows automatically who gets it. The CL can then PST the master looter, in our case its Goblit usually, who to give the item to.

In the case of a multi-class item, again each CL knows who wants what and who has the highest DKP for it. With multi-class items, each appropriate CL should PST the master looter the person's name and the DKP they currently have. Then the master looter simply looks to see who has the highest DKP and distributes the loot accordingly.

Doing it this way should take no more than 1-2 minutes tops for loot handouts, thereby saving us all lots of time. More time in a single night to kill more bosses, get more attempts in on the harder ones.

Now since we probably won't have time to institute class leaders for every class for this upcoming Friday, this is how we will do it.

Mirakle and myself will each be in 4 different class channels. I will be in Priests, Mages, Warlocks, and Warriors channels. Mirakle will be in Pallys, Rogues, Druids, and Hunters channels. Before each boss, we will ask in your channel, if such-and-such item drops, who wants it. And we will be checking the DKP site to see who has the highest DKP for it.

If any others would like to volunteer to help share the load, maybe 2 more people, so we each have only 2 channels to deal with, let us know.

The class leader position doesn't necessarily have to be the "best" person of your respective classes. This person just has to accept the responsibility of keeping very accurate tabs on everyone's DKP and knowing what loot everyone wants in your class.

Let's take down Rag again, on Friday night! ;) :D

I nominate, and probably already is, Gob1337 as "Teh Pwnerers" or also known as Warlocks CL. I would nominate Reco, but he seems to play Paster alot, trying to get his 1337 g3ar, so Reco as 2nd in command or co-CL.

Avesther/Icthus as Priest

Mavelin-Rogue

Mirakle/Warb-Pally

Darkcloud/Haiden-Hunter

FJ/Meli/Samj-Warrior

Beriale/Telassin-Mage

Epicsmark/Treebranch-Druids

If i did not nominate you, don't feel bad like i don't like you, its just i feel these people are ones that take charge for there class the most.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great plan. I'm always doing that dkp stuff anyway and I'm ususally there, so I'd love to be "loot leader" (hardly want to call myself a class leader with so many uber priests) though if Icthus wanted to do it, I'd gladly step aside.

Avesther might be better saved for doing dkp while the rest of us are scrambling over loot :)

this is not the thread to start nominating class leaders. (no worries Grodester) but more to talk about changing the loot method as to shave off an extra 10 min+ on each boss.

I know that Sanct is about to have a big guild meeting and Redeemed is being restructured. These changes will bring up the opportunities to nominate class leaders. Of course Team Eternity is separate, and how each guild's officers mix with TE is yet to be determined.

Nonetheless, thanks Deamiter for volunteering to help. The main plan here is to study up the loots that drop in MC for the classes you are responsible for. (Atlas + Atlas loot enhanced is fantastic mod for this) Then as we approach the next boss begin to dialog with the class (in the class channel Redwarriors etc..) on who wants what loots that might drop, go over the DKP standings and such that when the boss is killed you already know who stands where. Then like Qman said, the helper is the only one to "shisper" Goblit and the raid moves on.

One more thing we might do to help, is that while Avesther inputs the DKP the rest of us will continue to pull the next trash mobs and get moving.

Just so everyone understands that its not getting the whispers that takes the time when handing out loot....its tabbing out, finding the name on the list, checking off the names that whisper you to compare them, and waiting for the program to report back (which is the longest part). I'm not sure having new people to whisper if you want an item and then having them whisper me will be easier. I rarely look at what people say, just their name when they whisper me.....so the class leaders maybe confused with the people wanting the loot. The recieving whispers is done simultaniously with tabbing out...and he has the fast computer. I'm all for trying this, but I know it will add confusion for me so you will have to be patient as it will take more time on my end.

Oh yeah.....and it takes me a long time to type "whisper me" lol. Maybe I need a macro.

I am however going to definitely take up Mirakle's kind offer to lead the group after the boss while Avesther inputs the dkp though....that will keep us going faster for sure.

well you see here is how the time is saved. Since the loot leaders already know the DKP (need to have 2nd laptop with DKP up ) and who wants want, what ever you hear from Qman, Me and who ever else helps, is final. If a paladin item drops I tell you who wins. You do not tab out and do not check DKP. The only thing that happens, is you give the loot immediately and Aves records it.

Of course it requires trust that the loot leaders have their act together, so we want very responsible ppl working this.

that works great for the set pieces, im just not sure its gonna be any easier for the rare drops and other pieces that drop, say quick strike ring... or crimson shocker or whatever that wand is, then what about bindings for thunderfury if they ever drop?

I agree with Where, predetermining who gets what is great for set pieces but it might get confusing when say:

HunterA wants T1 Helm or Brutality Blade or Quickstrike Ring depending on what drops.

Or

WarriorA wants T1 Helm and Brutality Blade and he has enough dkp to get both if he receives the Helm first

Or

RogueA, has the most dkp out of the rogues and wants T1 boots off Shazz and Aged Core Leath Gloves but due to the low droprate, he forgets to tell the CL he wants ACLG and when they drop, they went to RogueB.

I agree with Where, predetermining who gets what is great for set pieces but it might get confusing when say:

HunterA wants T1 Helm or Brutality Blade or Quickstrike Ring depending on what drops.

Or

WarriorA wants T1 Helm and Brutality Blade and he has enough dkp to get both if he receives the Helm first

Or

RogueA, has the most dkp out of the rogues and wants T1 boots off Shazz and Aged Core Leath Gloves but due to the low droprate, he forgets to tell the CL he wants ACLG and when they drop, they went to RogueB.

Highest dkp will ALWAYS have first choice on loot that drops.....thats just the way it is. The Class leader would just know who that was :) unless I misunderstand things.

The hard part will be:

1. Mageblade drops....Pally wants the item, mage wants the item, lock wants the item. Who would get priority on said loot?

Perhaps the raid leaders should set a weekly priority for items such as this that could alternate and also rule that each class gets one priority loot then if another drops priority would go to the next class in line.

Perhaps a meeting with all the class leaders prior to MC to discuss who gets the chance at what loot should be in order? If it is decided prior to MC things will go much faster in MC, which seems to be the goal here.

I like the fact that this is starting to happen, just remember the mages were doing this first! :)

Many times I decide what I want as I see it when it comes up ....I may have an idea what I want. Especially set pieces, but many factors fall into play of how I choose what I want to bid on as it comes up.
I for one, no matter how much you will ask of me, will most likely change my mind on something; And I have no intention of being forced to say when i get to this Boss , I want this if it falls, and not be able to change my mind. What would happen if I didn't mention one of the things that fall of that Boss that i might want ..there might be 4-5 items that fall off of that Boss that I want......

I wouldn't own the CLAW OF CHROMAGGUS if I went by this system...cus it was a last minute choice on my side .... I did not go into that boss desiring it. There were other things I wanted .....Im now glad I made that choice.

I think you are asking alot from people to expect that they even know what all is dropped from what Bosses...How many times do you hear people say "what does that do?,Is that better than this?" This all seem like it might be more complicated than what we have already. I didn't realize there was a problem needed to be solved. I cant imagine how upset people would be because they couldn't get it together to know who to whisper ....it seem like now people are still having a hard time remembering who to send the whisper to and its only been basically Goblit.....

We might want to put more thought into this before we implement it. From Goblet's 1st response it doesn't even sound like the leaders were consulted on this.

Last edited:
I dont think it was decided on at all really. More of something that is being kicked around. Relax man you will still get your loots! :)

I am retentive about what drops off of who, what % it is to drop and where it ranks for me personally. I also have a spread sheet that I maintain that shows me all that information and each week going into MC I know that if X drops if I want to go for it or not.

The only way this system is going to work for people is if it is decided on for class specific items and set pieces, everything else we will need to still shisper Goblit on and the same old same old happens.

There is a big difference in raiding when you start MC. Loot cannot be handled like it is in ZG. It takes way to long. People should take the extra step to know what is there, and how bad they want an item. The premise here is to get everyone geared, and i am not going to focus on the oh oh I want that factor. That is why the only thing I will take for some time will be the arcanist bracers. No Toep, no mageblade, no ring of Sulf...

*standard disclaimer applies, this is just food for thought and not meant to be offensive to anyone, please don't take it as an attack*

that works great for the set pieces, im just not sure its gonna be any easier for the rare drops and other pieces that drop, say quick strike ring... or crimson shocker or whatever that wand is, then what about bindings for thunderfury if they ever drop?

That is explained in my original post about multi-class items. :p ;)

I should have said that I have 2 monitors with my computer setup. I can look at the DKP site without having to "alt-tab" out. I've always had the DKP site up and running anyway on my 2nd monitor since I started running MC with you guys( I like to see who has highest DKP :D)

So for this Friday, the only whis[ers Goblit should be receiving about an item is from either me or Mirakle. I'll do something like [Perdition's Blade] goes to Cassadine.

If it is a multi-class item, like [Bindings of the Windseeker] then Goblit and Avesther can decide what classes get priority, and the appropriate class leader or for this Friday, Mirakle and I, will PST Goblit the appropriate person's name from each class that is valid, with their DKP amount included.

Example:
Goblit: [Bindings of the Windseeker] whis[er Goblit - rogues and warriors
Quantam whispers: Samuraij - 175 DKP
Mirakle whispers: Where - 100 DKP
Samuraij receives [Bindings of the Windseeker]

=)

We are spending well over 10 mins a boss sitting around running in circles and jumping while waiting for loot to be passed out. thats 10x9 bosses = 90mins that can be shaved before we get to rag.

Young do not worry. We are not demanding you make the decision, but asking that we dialog about it before the boss. There is no reason we can't be decided for the set items. For the multi class items, we can ask one last time in class channel before we whisper goblit the final answer. Since we are tracking all the loots and DKP it wont be hard to ask if there is any last min changes.

In regards to Class Priority. From what I understand we are only like 1 more raid from MC on complete Farm, that means that all loot opens up completely and there is NO class priority. (legendaries excepted) Once that happens it will be very easy.

Of course this is just an idea. We can try it this Friday and if you all hate it we can drop it just as fast. However, changes like this can make or break doing MC in 1 night vs 2. 90+mins is a huge difference in my opinion.

If you have a better idea, feel free to offer it up here. We are looking to help and all suggestions will be considered.

Perhaps a meeting with all the class leaders prior to MC to discuss who gets the chance at what loot should be in order? If it is decided prior to MC things will go much faster in MC, which seems to be the goal here.
This is a great idea. Of course we only have like 3 classes with set officers at this time, but hopefully that will soon change. In the future it would be great to see lists in the forums under each class, on who is still looking for what. I know most all the high-end guilds do this.

( I like to see who has highest DKP :D)

Why do you like looking at my DKP?

I think the idea was to only do this on class item sets (Prophecy, might etc...) I know for myself, I have a lot of what I would like planned out, right down to the enchants I'm getting on them and exactly how it will all affect me.

Last edited:
I believe we are voting on new class officers next week (nominations on Saturday)......but for now I know the old ones are:

Darkcloud - hunters
Avesther - priests
Cassadine - rogues
Neitzche - warlocks
Mirakle - paladins
Sazul - warriors
Druids - none
Mages - none

Class priority on items really hasn't been strictly enforced only strongly encouraged from day one....and I don't wanna start that now. Wait until BWL.

I still expect that people will have to decide what they want when loot drops..and will have to whisper class leaders...who will then have to whisper me the name that is the highest.....middle men don't usually make this faster...but we can try it. Avesther doesn't technically have to tab out....he just needs to hook up his laptop before we start and have it set up for that...or turn on the other computer...... we can experiment all different ways to make it faster. Usually its the dkp program itself that we sit around waiting for.... I have enough trouble remembering the bosses names let alone what they drop myself...

Last edited:
ohh wow I did not know this. Very cool to see that list and I look forward to see what happens with the nominations.

Note that I would never want to be class leader above Avesther. That guy's still got a lot to teach me about healing!

That said, it sounds like Goblit's saying this will NOT save time. The DKP is just as easy for her to look up as anybody else, and that's not the bottleneck anyway.

We now all receive gold when looting even when members are dead. To REALLY save time, why don't we make rezzing Goblit 1st priority, then have her announce the loot immediately. We've been waiting to loot both for the gold, and for suspense... but if whispers begin immediately before everybody is rezzed, we could cut the waiting almost in half -- probably more than introducing another layer into the system.

If it helps any, I have Atlas Loot, I always know what they drop, I also use 2 monitors, and I'm always in Minimized when I play, so usually when I play WoW im browsin the web and such anyway, so if you have any DKP questions ask me, takes me a few seconds.

Back