Molten Core Loot Handout Changes! Please Read!!

I concur with waiting till we have class leaders assigned before trying this. It's all about preparedness before the raid. The more you can do beforehand, the smoother and more quickly it can go.

I could see this working very well. Beriale already covers this with the mages -- Goblit asks who gets a piece, and everybody spits out the same name.

It's worth discussing and criticizing (as I have done) but I'd VERY much like to see it tried!

I like this idea!

However, it eliminates zero sum dkp.

Actually it wouldn't...but it can introduce some weirdness.

If somebody was to win the first item with a bid 100dkp for an item, and somebody else bids 75dkp for the second item and the third item is won for 65 dkp you would have a total of 240 DKP divided by 40 people = 6 DKP.

The foolishness of people often get mired into the system though. I can see somebody dropping hundreds of DKP on an item and doing so will effectively remove them from bidding on the next 25 drops. Which is no good at all. I'd have to say to that person, sorry, you can go no further until you can gear yourself up but you are stuck at getting 4 or 5 DKP from this one boss for the next 3 months to get yourself back into a bidding position.

Maybe we just need a person with not so much on their plate like Goblit and Avesther have to be in charge of loot distribution. Someone with a 2nd Computer would be good. I know that I usually have the DKP site up on my
2nd Computer and am watching to see who has the most DKP. I think maybe just someone solely in charge of loot would be a good idea. CLs can work on who will be getting what before the tells go out so that the loot person doesnt get spamed with like 6 tells for the Bracers of Prophecy say. If the loot leader gets 2 tells its pretty fast to see who has more DKP case closed and move on. For more non-class specific items one tell from 3 people say a Hunter, Rogue and Warrior is very easy to check between the 3. CLs can just weed out the low DKP people so they dont spam the Loot Distributor. Does all that make sense hehe.

Maybe we just need a person with not so much on their plate like Goblit and Avesther have to be in charge of loot distribution. Someone with a 2nd Computer would be good. I know that I usually have the DKP site up on my
2nd Computer and am watching to see who has the most DKP. I think maybe just someone solely in charge of loot would be a good idea. CLs can work on who will be getting what before the tells go out so that the loot person doesnt get spamed with like 6 tells for the Bracers of Prophecy say. If the loot leader gets 2 tells its pretty fast to see who has more DKP case closed and move on. For more non-class specific items one tell from 3 people say a Hunter, Rogue and Warrior is very easy to check between the 3. CLs can just weed out the low DKP people so they dont spam the Loot Distributor. Does all that make sense hehe.

What else do I do besides have people shisper me and hand out loot?

I was just making a plea for ya Gobleet. Seems to me your are always in tell hell. Just worried for ya. Sure dont want ya stressed out.

I was just making a plea for ya Gobleet. Seems to me your are always in tell hell. Just worried for ya. Sure dont want ya stressed out.

Darn you weren't supposed to notice. At least I haven't had to invite anyone to the guild during a raid in the past couple weeks....but I have had to redirect a few because the staff on the Redeemed forums isn't updated yet....

Actually it wouldn't...but it can introduce some weirdness.

If somebody was to win the first item with a bid 100dkp for an item, and somebody else bids 75dkp for the second item and the third item is won for 65 dkp you would have a total of 240 DKP divided by 40 people = 6 DKP.

The foolishness of people often get mired into the system though. I can see somebody dropping hundreds of DKP on an item and doing so will effectively remove them from bidding on the next 25 drops. Which is no good at all. I'd have to say to that person, sorry, you can go no further until you can gear yourself up but you are stuck at getting 4 or 5 DKP from this one boss for the next 3 months to get yourself back into a bidding position.

The underlined segment isnt necessarily true. Hk is currently running AQ40. Many people in HK need the loot from AQ40, like many of Redeemed's members need loot from MC, so lots of DKP is being spent in the instances for both guilds and their respective instance. So, you spent 300dkp on the Aurastone Hammer, but other people have bid 100, 200 upto 400 dkp on other items in the past few weeks, you've just made up the 300 dkp you spent. HK uses open bidding, meaning that items only have a minimum value, not a set value like Redeemed. You can bid as high as your DKP can carry you. Its rather easy to make up the dkp you spent as long as others are spending DKP as well (Meaning, not many minimum bids...).

Edit!: Ive skimmed thru the thread to see how the loot will be handed out, and from what I've seen; people will tell the loot leaders in their respective channels what loot they want from a boss, the CL will look it up, and then tell the Master looter what to give who. Redeemed has many new people, as does Sanctification. If there is a new person and he/she has the highest DKP, my concern is that he/she will wind up with loot they don't want; they may have Zandalar armor from ZG, or the PVP set. Not that the CL will give them the loot because they have the highest dkp, but just as a mistake.

Last edited:
If you play in windowed mode, alt tabbing will become a lot quicker however you might lose some fps.

Alt tabbing isn't that bad, but I'm not so concerned about that. Good suggestion though :D.

I'll say it again, I have 2 monitors with my computer setup, so I have WoW on 1 monitor and my web browser open to the DKP site on the other. =)

I'll say it again, I have 2 monitors with my computer setup, so I have WoW on 1 monitor and my web browser open to the DKP site on the other. =)

I think that is a plea to help.

I think quantum is saying- "Goblit when you get whipsers let me know who and I will tell you the winner!"

This is assuming the raid officers are in agreement.

Some times you can get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. Will we have anything like this....Im sure I will need one.

Back