K now

cc.slim

How come I never got a pm on my deleted post hehehehe and why is D.V. beating me on the border line scare tactics. Push me over a rotted log and say I slip'd. Gosh K anyway there was a somewhat of a apology towards D.V. that does say I am sorry for Using words that Jesus used on the Pharisees you don't deserve such language and no one else should. I am Sorry D.V... Now back into the fray. With what was deleted I resubmit in the form of a question and that is Can the spiritual blind see and can they hear Gods word or just bits and pieces of it?

Can the spiritual blind see and can they hear Gods word or just bits and pieces of it?

No, it's here a little there a little..

Isaiah 8:14-16
14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15 And many shall stumble thereon, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
16 Bind thou up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Isaiah 28
9 Whom will he teach knowledge? and whom will he make to understand the message? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts?
10 For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little.
11 Nay, but by men of strange lips and with another tongue will he speak to this people;12 to whom he said, This is the rest, give ye rest to him that is weary; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 Therefore shall the word of Jehovah be unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little; that they may go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Can the spiritual blind see and can they hear Gods word or just bits and pieces of it?

Only if God draws them then they will see and hear.
In John 6:44 Jesus says "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him;".

Its like the parable of the sower in Matt.13:1-9 some seed fell along the path and were eaten by the birds, and some fell on rocky ground but because they had not enough soil they sprang up but had no depth, the sun scorched them, and since they had no root the withered away, and some seeds fell upon thorns and the thorns grew and choked them.

To address your last question, which I believe to be the portion up for discussion between average members....

Yes... and no. Can they hear it? Certainly. If I speak it, the sound will pass through the air, entering their ear canal, in which the vibration will cause them to physically hear what I say. Whether it be a recap of the football game I watched yesterday, or a challenging discourse about God... they will "hear" it.

However, from the stance of can they hear God's word, can they feel the Holy Spirit moving them? Will they accept what I say? Will they take in what the Spirit leads me to say?

Acts 26:17-18 tells us
...I send you, 18to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

If someone has opened their hearts, minds, eyes, and ears, then yes, they can hear at least parts of it. That's how the Spirit moves us to believe. We've opened up and are accepting enough to listen to what God's saying to us.

In Revelation 2:7
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
Apparantly, it's possible for humans to "not have an ear"...meaning, that it is possible for us to completely tune out God by cursing Him, by denying Him, by worshipping idols, false gods, et al.

Therefore, if they have hardened their hearts and deny Him, I don't think so. I'm not sure that they can hear any of it (or they reject what they're given). The Bible tells us that we can only hear and see because we have opened our ears and eyes. If we have not taken the steps to opening our minds to Jesus, then we reject the messenger...we can't truly know God, or hear what he has to say.

So again, I answer your question with yes... and no.

Have you ever heard a pastor/Shepard/minister say what he had to say and it seemed like he was looking/pointing right at you? I have come to the same conclusion as all of you that the spiritually dead truly can't feel Gods word but what of those that the message was meant for. If I have know clue what was being said do I automatically file the info into the trash or do I stash what was said for possibly future references. We know he speaks to those that need to hear exactly what he wants them to hear but when those that interpret what he says to something else are they deaf or what?

Back