• Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my Xbox 360!

Can I hear a "w00t w00t"? :D

I just got my Xbox 360 earlier today. I'm quite pleased -- everything is running smoothly. I also got the 1-year extended warranty on it, since I've heard these things going haywire.

So now I have Halo 2 and PGR 3, and I rented Oblivion. I'm sure I'll be getting more games soon, but I also enjoy the fact that you can download game demos, which helps with purchase decisions greatly.

I also have Guitar Hero II on pre-order. *throws up rawkfist*

Gamertag: SirThom
ToJ Username: SirThom
System: Xbox 360
Games:

- Project Gotham Racing 3
- Halo 2
- Big Bumpin'

[...] I also enjoy the fact that you can download game demos, which helps with purchase decisions greatly.
Nintendo! Hey, Nintendo! Wake up! Are you listening?

EDIT: Grats on the new console, sir.

I wish you had said something before purchase Thom... Geometry Wars 1 and 2 are both available as easter eggs in PGR3. You simply walk around your garage and the arcade games are in there. Then you could have gotten Cubix and competed with my uber 360k plus score.

Didn't m$ just extend their warranty to 1 year?
Yup, but my system was manufactured 11/26/05, and I bought it used. The 1-year extended warranty was through GameCrazy (the place I bought it).

Incidentally, my Xbox freezes when I try playing PGR 3 for more than five minutes. Everything else works fine (Marketplace, Dashboard, Demos, etc.), so we'll be good until I go into GameCrazy tomorrow to switch it out.

I currently only have;

Gears of War
Dead Rising
Perfect Dark Zero
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Games you play?

Hey i'm just a little curious on our Activity. What Games do you play the most? And how often do you play them. For instance here is Mine.

1.Halo 2- 3-4 hours a week
2.Lost planet- 2-3 hours a week
3. -----------

But I also Own:
Gears of war
Fight night round three.

-----------------------
For some games (Such as Halo2) they have in-game Clans. We should organize our chapter accordingly. For instance, not everyone is gonna like Halo2. So they might not play as much as the next guy.

Currently I have only Gears of War and FIFA 07. I'll be getting Guitar Hero 2, Crackdown, and possibly Rainbow Six later.

Congrats on the console.

I think you're on to some stuff.

One thing we could do is keep each other informed on what games we've got. Like I didn't know who all had Gears when it came out. And are others still playing it? Inkelis has his gamercard in his signature which helps keep us informed on what he's playing. I think we should all look into doing this and if Inkelis can provide info on how to add it, that would be great.

The leagues and competition sound good. Perhaps with the more popular games (halo 3 maybe) we can work on this. It would be nice if more than sports games allowed for league setups. If we need to, maybe we could make our own ladder as suggested.

I also think it will help as more of us get on the same page. Some of us are still rocking the original Xbox while others are playing on the 360. It makes it hard for us to concentrate our numbers. Esp. when there aren't any games really being made for the Xbox anymore (and therefore, nothing really we can all get excited about). As time passes and more move to the 360, I think things will become easier for us.

What I think we need is a big game to unite us all again. But until that day comes, I think we should try to make the effort to play with each other when we can. I'm on Gears quite often and I'm quite often playing with some friends and family. If you see me in a joinable match, feel free to jump in. If I'm not joinable, let me know and maybe we can work something out where we are playing together. Also Arcade games are great. They're cheap and I think that helps. I play Lumines quite a bit and we could have a ladder there. It's like $8 to get in on that so it's not like you're throwing down the usual $60 to join in the fun. Worms is coming to Marketplace later too and I'll probably get that as well. That'd be another opportunity.

Anyways, that's just some thoughts of mine.

http://www.xboxlc.com/ <---- That is the link for the Xbox Sigs.

Here are some more idea's too unite us:

Ok, recently i have looked into other Xbox Live clans such as clan "KIA". "KIA" breaks the clan up into seperate divisions for each game (IE. Halo2 would be one division; Gears of war would be one division) And within each division they break there members up into Teams. Then they create a ladder system (Something similar to a modded DKP system for World of Warcraft.), and battle it out for the title. This style of play will work with anygame.

We are all responsible for making the Xbox Chapter as great as we can (So lets hear some Input guys!).

FAQ on how to get Xbox sig.

Step by Step guide on the Xbox LIVE signature! YAY!

1. Follow this Linkhttp://www.xboxlc.com/

2. Type your gamertag, and choose the "Signature" Type.

3. Choose your style of Sig, and then Click Generate Signature

4. Copy (Ctrl + C) the Forum Code.

5. Go to CGAlliance forums (At this link http://www.cgalliance.org/forums), and login.

6. Go to "User CP" and Choose the edit signature button.

7. Click within the white box and type Ctrl + V (Paste)

[Your username at ToJ is Hew. ~ SirThom]

Gamertag: Dark Knight 66
ToJ Username: Hew
System: Xbox
Games:

- Halo 2
- Crimson Skies
- Counter-Strike
- Rainbow Six: Black Arrow
- Sid Meier's: Pirates

Last edited by a moderator:
Three Red Lights of Death'd

So the first Xbox 360 I got had the Three Red Lights of Death, or TRLoD, with the classic error 0102. I brought it back to GameCrazy, and they gave me a different one. Same manufacture date (11-25-05) as the previous one, but it worked perfectly. PGR 3 and Project 8 ran great! But then today I get the TRLoD again. D'oh. Error 0020.

After looking around for a remedy, I head that giving it a light shake, or even a tap on the side, will often do the trick. So I tried it, and much to my surprise, it worked. Almost. I played Project 8 for about 90 minutes, turned it off and came back to it later. It was TRLoD'd again. After shaking it and restarting it nearly twenty times, it still gives me those pretty red lights. >_<

So chances are I'll be taking this one to GameCrazy, too. Third time's the charm, right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back