Quakelive

Same.

My account name is Tek7. Add me to your Friends list!

Got in like a week ago, wasn't that impressed. Then again I was lagging since I live in Alaska. Oh wells. :p

Got in like a week ago, wasn't that impressed. Then again I was lagging since I live in Alaska. Oh wells. :p
It's Quake 3 in a web browser. What's not to love?

I don't get freshly baked cookies when playing Quakelive. I'm a hard man to please. :p

I used to love it when my mom made "snow ice cream" in Texas.

Probably not a great treat in the great white north.

My Nick is Rizzrat if anyone wants to befriend me.

I forgot how hardcore it is.. i got just 3 frags in my first 2 matches....

Okay, I've got 10 invites to hand out. If you want one, send me a PM with your first name, last name, and e-mail address. (You can use a pseudonym if you want. I do!)

If you request an invite and use spam filtering on the e-mail address you send me, make sure to add support AT quakelive DOT com to your allow list.

EDIT: Please don't ask for an invite unless you plan on playing Quake Live at least semi-regularly.

Last edited:
Okay, I've got 10 invites to hand out. If you want one, send me a PM with your first name, last name, and e-mail address. (You can use a pseudonym if you want. I do!)
Nevermind. Invites are gone. And before I could send any out, too.
<Tek7> Just wish more people were signing up for it
<Tek7> I mean, more ToJ people
<Tek7> I have 10 invites sitting there, collecting dust
<[FDG]Bakey> not anymore you don't :p
<Tek7> Eh wut?
<Tek7> Oh noes. Did they eliminate invites?
<[FDG]Bakey> id hands out invited in pools
<[FDG]Bakey> each person gets a set number
<Tek7> WHAA
<[FDG]Bakey> and there's a maximum number for the entire community
<Tek7> /cry
<[FDG]Bakey> once that max number gets hit, if you haven't used your invites, they go bye byue
<[FDG]Bakey> *bye
<Tek7> b00
<Tek7> Mind if I quote the last few lines of text in a forums post explaining why I don't have invites any more?
<[FDG]Bakey> sure thing

Moral of the story, kids?

Use your invites as soon as possible.

Seriously guys, this game is free. If you're even REMOTELY interested, you should get an account and try it.

Demand for Quake Live was greater than anticipated, so the folks at id are scrambling to get their networks in shape for the massive number of people wanting to play QL.

The QL team updates their Twitter page when their are updates (possibly the only legitimate use for Twitter).

quake live is WIN! Everyone needs to download it and play it 'cause I need more people to play with!!!

quake live is WIN! Everyone needs to download it and play it 'cause I need more people to play with!!!
Especially now that my notebook's video display is kaput and I can't play until I get my replacement notebook. :(

I have been playing quite a bit, and yet for some reason it isn't recording any of my stats... but other than that I am pretty impressed...

Back