MW2 boosting?

Nazgul

Im just curios to know what you all think about boosting. Im not talking about hacking to fix your scores or reach 10th prestige in minutes. Im talking about when two people(usaly on free for all) find places on the map that nobody goes to. One has a tatical incertion and plants it there so when he dies he spawns right there. Add cold blooded, ninja, and silencers, then repeat. This allows people to get killstreaks fast, unlock stuff and so on.

I would like to point out that this is not a glich, or using mods of any kind, but using elements that IW has put there.

Yes I have done it a couple of times just recently, to jut see how well it does. However I dont have alot of time to play on it and I dont want to spend the time I do have trying to unlock stuff so I can keep up with my friends...wich is also why I stoped playing wow. I personly dont see anything wrong with this as it is not cheating and other players can stop us if they want...I see it the same way as using a noob tube with scavenger and danger close, or the knife class. Its just putting togther what is already there. I have decided not to continue simply because I got alot of hate mail afterwards.

Do you think this should be allowed?

Also if anybody wants to play my xbox live is DarthEsmonde

P.S I have not gained any levels but I did it to get a nuke cause I usaly play search and you cant realy get the nuke there.

Last edited:
Nazgul, Personally I am against any sort of Stat padding of any sort, by stat padding I mean you go on a server and say "Hey guys lets do Headshots only to get our scores up or You shoot me to get a Supply crate then I do the same to you", what you describe as Boosting is the same but If you and your friend wish to do so thats up to you, no it is not glitching or Hacking and you use elements or Perks/Equipment that was released with the game, but you are still performing a specific action coordinated with someone to better your scores/Levels and meet the requirements of certain challenges which are more difficult to achieve on a regular server and the difference between a M203 [common name The Noob Tube] with scavenger is that while using the same Perks/Equipment the goal is achieved in the natural order, by fighting and resupplying where no coordination is involved and your scores/Challenges are met based on skill, Not Help from a Buddy.

Boosting is the same as Stat Padding and IF, sadly not the case, we had Dedicated Servers Admins would warn/Kick for that as it is a Form of Cheating! Modern Warfare 2 is a Great game, sadly lacking needed Dedicated Servers and in Desperate need of a Anti Cheat system that Functions, All the Wall Hackers/Aim Bot users/Speed hacks out there [and there are a lot] ruin the game for the Honest players,
I Understand you do not have a lot of time to play, but it is Better to be 20 levels behind than be a Level 10 Prestige Hacker.

Do I think it should be allowed, my answer above states clearly I Do Not Support Cheating in any form.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment.

I would like to say that im not doing this anymore lol. I've played a couple games with some boosters and I know how frusterating it is. However it is fun to hunt them down.

My son and and I will check known boosting spots on maps when we do FFA and kill anybody we see there. I've been 'nuked' on ffa enough times to know that it isn't fun for those who want to enjoy the game.

Some friends and I were grouped up in a 6 group doing hard core and we came up against a team of 6, all 10th prestige. And we won. It wasn't close, it was a blood bath. I have noticed my skill go up after almost 100 levels now. I can't imagine how good I will be if I have done over 700!!! We should have been smoked because a group of 10th prestige (there all level 70 in 10th prestige) should know every knook and cranny of every map. When we confronted them at the end of the match, they denied boosting and we were just lucky. Give me a break.

Rank Hacks, well ALL Hacks/Cheats are on the same level with the slime on a grub worms belly to me, should ban their IP's and Burn all their Game Keys for Life.

I don't like boosting NOR modders in ANY game. I have run into so many over the past year, it's not funny. At first I was like aw cool blah blah... now- if you can't play right don't play. If they have to cheat and mod or boost, it ruins the play for the rest of us.

I don't like boosting NOR modders in ANY game. I have run into so many over the past year, it's not funny. At first I was like aw cool blah blah... now- if you can't play right don't play. If they have to cheat and mod or boost, it ruins the play for the rest of us.

Cheating is bad. But don't give modding in general a bad name... some games you are encouraged to modify. That extends the life of the game and leads to all sorts of fun!

Cheating is bad. But don't give modding in general a bad name... some games you are encouraged to modify. That extends the life of the game and leads to all sorts of fun!
QFT.

Valve is still selling copies of Half-Life 2 six years after its release because of the many quality Source Engine mods available for free download. Dedicated servers and mods extend the life of the community and lead to a longer sales period. Infinity Ward may make a few dollars on overpriced map packs in the short run, but I sincerely doubt they'll be selling new copies of the game six years later.

Back