Springfield, MO City of Refuge/CGA LAN July 27-28, 2012

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Are you guys going to be hooked up to TS or Mumble or anything that will let non-attendees instant message hiyas? Maybe even a live camera feed like they do for zoo gorilla cages? :p

Are you guys going to be hooked up to TS or Mumble or anything that will let non-attendees instant message hiyas? Maybe even a live camera feed like they do for zoo gorilla cages? :p
I have an old Logitech webcam I might be able to hook up if anyone else at the party is willing to spare a few cycles on a desktop machine. I have a built-in webcam on my laptop, but I'll be using that to play games (of course). :)

Yes, yes! A live feed and chat of some kind would be awesome for those of us who can't make and want to pop in for a bit. ^_^

I have an old Logitech webcam I might be able to hook up if anyone else at the party is willing to spare a few cycles on a desktop machine. I have a built-in webcam on my laptop, but I'll be using that to play games (of course). :)

Yay I can look in on the crazies without actually risking my life. I guess from your perspective it will keep the crazies at a safe distance from you though :p .

And grab screen captures of Tek to post to all corners of the internet. . . :D

Ah don't warn him! Now he's going to wear a mask while he issues the infidel Americans his demands, he's smart like that. On the plus side could you make on of your demands Half Life 3 Tek?

Well, I'm debating on actually going and meeting Gorrrrddaa...er tek in person there.

Either God modeled Tek after Gordan, or Valve modeled Gordon after Tek...

Don't know which is more likely to be true o_O

:D

gordon-freeman.jpg

Is this you? j/k. WOW! What a resemblance!

You all will just have to take my word that Gordon Freeman looks like me--unless, of course, you sign up for and attend the CoR/CGA LAN in Springfield, MO. :D

You all will just have to take my word that Gordon Freeman looks like me--unless, of course, you sign up for and attend the CoR/CGA LAN in Springfield, MO. :D

Tek milk it for all it's worth. See Gorden Freeman in person only at the CoR/CGA LAN. Bring your own crowbar and he'll sign it! /attendance doubles.

That's it Gerbil... if I go, I most definitely bring a Crowbar for Tek to sign... and yes tek you will sign it :)

So Tek I live in KCMO, what is this actually? Would I need to own these games listed to enjoy it?

That's what I was wondering... I have an engagement that ends on the 26th and I might be able to extend my stay, but I don't have any of the games listed, so it might be a bit of a letdown if I can't actually play anything.

That being said, I am very pleased to see that there will be worship and sermon time!

Letting the Spirit come and move in a group of people young and young-at-heart is always a wonderful thing.

That's it Gerbil... if I go, I most definitely bring a Crowbar for Tek to sign... and yes tek you will sign it :)
Be sure to bring a working permanent marker with you then!

So Tek I live in KCMO, what is this actually?
It's a LAN party organized by City of Refuge and the Christian Gamers Alliance.

A LAN party is a party where gamers get together, hook their PCs up to a local area network, and play multiplayer games with single-digit ping. But those who have been to a LAN party before (and especially a LAN party in a church, where attendees aren't swearing left and right) know that description doesn't do it justice. :)

Would I need to own these games listed to enjoy it?
That's what I was wondering... I have an engagement that ends on the 26th and I might be able to extend my stay, but I don't have any of the games listed, so it might be a bit of a letdown if I can't actually play anything.
I don't know what games attendees are planning on playing, so I started a new thread on the CoR forums here.

I imagine people will be playing mostly first-person shooters (especially whatever military shooters are popular these days) and popular real-time strategy games (i.e. StarCraft II), but I'd recommend watching the thread linked above to find out what people plan to play.

I'll probably be attending. If anyone would like to come and needs a room for the weekend PM me and I might be able to help you out.

I'll probably be attending. If anyone would like to come and needs a room for the weekend PM me and I might be able to help you out.

Bassman! Glad to see you're still lurking around on the forums, yay! /Runs in circles around him. That is all return to your relevant conversation everyone.

Back