How to gear a fresh 85?

ewoksrule

Hey I have been away from the game for a while. I have a new shadow priest that is almost 85. What is the best/fastest way to gear one up to raid with you guys? Are there any crafted pieces that are viable? BOEs to buy? Do I have tons of heroics in store or do I skip those and go to something else? Any advice would be appreciated.

You can skip some of the gearing curve if you have gold and are willing to spend it on BOE's to boost your item level. Once you meet the requirements for queuing for the Hour of Twilight heroics, that's where you'll get most of your fast upgrades (378). Once you meet the requirement for LFR (looking for Raid) I suggest you run both halves of that each week since it's the only way to get current tier pieces (Tier 13). Also, the LFR raid is a separate raid lockout so you can also run normal mode. 3 pieces of tier 12 are purchasable from the Justice vendor. The previous raid requirements doc says that they'd like people to have an average item level of 375 to do normal modes. You likely won't be able to do that in a week, but good luck my friend.

Thanks Proud, that was exactly the cliff notes I was looking for. I figured it would take a few weeks but I just wanted to get pointed down the right path.

If you ever want a fast queue and (hopefully) quick run through those heroics, let me know.

Second...

Also I can make you some cloth gear if you want as well...

ohh can you make the full set of Vicious Embersilk? It would be great for starting PvP as well as getting me in the door for the ilvl on heroics. Its ilvl 377 stuff. (of course people would be ticked if i showed up in full pvp I assume.)

I have the 37 Volatile Fire and Water, but I am way short on the 400 pieces of embersilk cloth.

Last edited:
ohh can you make the full set of Vicious Embersilk? It would be great for starting PvP as well as getting me in the door for the ilvl on heroics. Its ilvl 377 stuff. (of course people would be ticked if i showed up in full pvp I assume.)

I have the 37 Volatile Fire and Water, but I am way short on the 400 pieces of embersilk cloth.

If you showed up in full pvp gear, be ready for flaming, but if you do fine, they have nothing to say about it :p

Just let me tank and you will do fine... I'll see what I got as far as cloth... But yes I can make it.

Back