Transfers up for Warriors of the Shadow

Jdubz

Hey guys,
I'm new here. Waiting to be accepted as a member I think still. Transfers are up for Warriors of Shadow, and if you all are headed over there, I'd like to play Sith side with you. I play republic on a different server with another Christian guild, but it would be awesome to pvp and experience the story sith side with some other believers. I transferred my toons. They are headed to the Bastion.
peace,
Joshua

Hey guys,
I'm new here. Waiting to be accepted as a member I think still. Transfers are up for Warriors of Shadow, and if you all are headed over there, I'd like to play Sith side with you. I play republic on a different server with another Christian guild, but it would be awesome to pvp and experience the story sith side with some other believers. I transferred my toons. They are headed to the Bastion.
peace,
Joshua

Well you should be good on the forums now, at least. Welcome!

As for the server transfer process, our plan is to check to wait a couple days to see how the population on the new server looks before we transfer to it. I expect that we will do so, though, since Warriors of the Shadow has been pretty much dead.

Grim, The Bastion is listed as "Very Heavy." Considering that it's a west coast server and it's not even 4pm there, that's pretty awesome! I would say that the population is very healthy and they may close down the opportunity to transfer in order to prevent the server from getting over populated.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to start leveling the characters I transferred to Bastion. They are named Jdubz, Zdubz, and Xdubz if anyone wants to hit me up. :D

Grim, The Bastion is listed as "Very Heavy." Considering that it's a west coast server and it's not even 4pm there, that's pretty awesome! I would say that the population is very healthy and they may close down the opportunity to transfer in order to prevent the server from getting over populated.

The population may be healthy, but I wouldn't expect that they'll entirely cut off transfers from WotS because The Bastion is too full. They might move us to a different server, though. I guess the question is this: would we rather immediately move to a server that may regularly have a wait time to log in or would we rather wait and see if that will be the case first? The risk we'd be taking by waiting might be that they'd move us to a different server that is a bit less populated, but that still might be more desirable than having long waits to log in every time. I'll say that I'm personally not fond of queues, but I'm thinking that you may be right and that it would be better to take the sure thing than to hope for a more perfect solution. Thoughts?

Edit: It is also possible that they will quickly realize that too many people are transferring to The Bastion and that if we move now we'll be cut off from any guildies who weren't paying close enough attention to switch fast enough. They would have to just reroll in that case. Right now it looks like they are having ALL the PvP servers on the West Coast transfer to The Bastion. I'm not sure if they are actually going to upgrade the server capacity enough to handle that well or if they will decide to open up a second West Coast PvP server.

Edit again: Who knows? They might even open up choices so that we could either move to The Bastion or to a different type of West Coast server... like The Harbinger? Thus far they've only opened transfers to servers of the same type and location as your current server, but if some of those servers get too full then it might make sense to open up a little more choice.

Last edited:
Back