Still Playing Wii?

Captain_Tea

I recently hooked up my old Wii and modded it with HomeBrew and RiiConnect to still play online. Anyone else still playing?

I recently hooked up my old Wii and modded it with HomeBrew and RiiConnect to still play online. Anyone else still playing?
Mine is still connected to my TV. My Wii's optical drive sounded like it was getting ready to fail a few years ago, so I dumped my games to an external device (I softmodded my Wii using the original Twilight Princess hack way back when) and still play from time to time.

I've been spending more time on the Wii U lately, though. My daughters and I have been playing Nintendo Land and we played through most of the Murfy levels in Rayman Legends before that. Once the little one is ready, I'll probably get back to Super Mario 3D World with the kids.

What games have you been playing? Reading your post has me wanting to fire up the ol' Wii once more. :)

Been playing Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Cart, Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Sports,etc... With the Homebrew Channel you can rip your disc's to USB and launch them with that. https://wii.guide/
Yep! I haven't played a game off disc in years.

RiiConnect24 must be new since I last looked at Wii homebrew, though this sort of things falls squarely in the "extremely interesting to Tek because it breathes new life in to old technology" box rather than the "this is something I actually see myself using frequently" box. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Could be a fun project to exercise parts of my brain that may have gotten a bit dusty. :)

Back