1.2 PTS Funzies

Cryøgenic

I wanted to drop a quick post for those that might be interested in helping with testing 1.2

1.2 is now on the public test server and you receive a title for leveling a toon to 10 and for finishing chapter 1. Not sure what the titles are but you get them when 1.2 goes live. The more people testing and reporting bugs = a faster and hopefully smoother launch, plus the new WZ is fun.

There is a button with two arrows on it in the lower left corner of your launcher that let's you access the pts.

If I download the 11 gig update, will I still be able to play SWTOR on the regular servers, or should I make a copy so I have two versions, one for the test server one for regular play?

Found the answer to my own question. When you select the test server, it downloads a second copy of the client (11 gig). After you download that, future updates will be much smaller.

To access the Public Test Server:

Log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.
Click the Settings button (gear) in the bottom left corner of the launcher
Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes”
Click “Save”
Now the bottom left corner will have two buttons: select the new button next to settings
Under "Pick an Environment" select "Public Test"
Click "Next" and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*
Click "Play"

*Please note that the initial patch download will be very large, as you will be installing an additional version of the game client. Any future patches will be significantly smaller.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71470

Last edited:
I have to set aside some time for that initial load. I may have to delete another game too. I made my main partition too small and had to uninstall WoW and Rift to free up a little more room.

Back