1.9 prerelease 4?

Yes or no? too pre-4

• We update the server and change the map too a perm map till the release of the game

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • We Do Not update the server and leave it as is

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • We reset the world map and keep 1.8.1

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • We reset the map and update too 1.9 pre-4 (temp map)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question... difference between temp map and perm map? Is that asking about whether we are keeping the map after Minecraft 1.0? ...Oh, nevermind. xD It doesn't really matter to me I guess. Just throw another vote wherever you want it for me.

Wait - I want to change. I voted temp map, but since I can't see the difference, I'll throw my vote to the first option of "We update the server and change the map too a perm map till the release of the game"

I just want to update!

Soka changed his vote too. :D

Last edited:
If you go 1.4 and keep the map through release I will start playing here exclusively. I like playing the latest and need to settle on one place till release .

Well, if you move mine and Soka's vote to the first choice, then that is exactly what the vote would give ya ewoksrule! :)

Wild that this had 102 views, 4 replies and 13 votes. :confused: Where are the other 80 people? lol

Wild that this had 102 views, 4 replies and 13 votes. :confused: Where are the other 80 people? lol

If I vote once then select to see new posts every time I come in, this thread shows up as new every time someone else votes or posts. So if I"m the first person to vote, I have to visit it at least 12 more times to see whats new. It's not 80 additional people viewing the thread. It's 10 people viewing the thread 10 times each.

Part of the server's problems stem from the fact that most of the people in the server are not active anywhere else. Here, Facebook, the website or where ever.

Last edited:
If I vote once then select to see new posts every time I come in, this thread shows up as new every time someone else votes or posts. So if I"m the first person to vote, I have to visit it at least 12 more times to see whats new. It's not 80 additional people viewing the thread. It's 10 people viewing the thread 10 times each.

Ah, I wondered about that, thanks for the info.

I think we should leave the map as is, no updates, and have this one become the permanent world, then have the second world made, or just not have a second world because Advent seems to be suffice for everyone atm...or am I wrong about that?

But what about all the cool new stuff like potions, and enchantments, and animal breeding, and strongholds, and NPC towns, and dragons!

As long as stuff continues to be updated and people want to build out in the new wilderness with the new stuff, we will need new maps.

This will become even more true when the game is actually released and we have final bosses and an actual game ending. (not an end to updates but an true game end cutscene and ending).

So basically, there will always be a new map for the server. Some may last longer than others (I think gamma hit 4 months) but there will always be a demand for a new map.

Here's the way it seems to go. We have to start a new map, then wait for updates in what ever plug in allows us to move to have more than one map, then put the old map back up for those who want to stay in there. What is funny is that once they see the new land, clean and clear, they get the urge to build again and eventually the old map is abandoned and everyone is playing on the new map. So then the new map becomes the preferred map. Then there is an update, we put out another newer map, wait for the updates to allow us to access what was the new map, and yet again, everyone ends up in the newer map. So, even though everyone wants to keep their creations and such, once they see a new map, they just can't help but start building anew and abandoning their old creation.

So basically, even if we do update the map, at some point, the old one resurfaces at some point anyway.

It seems the votes are well in favor to update the map. So far 10 people voted to update the map: 8 to update to a permanent map; 1 to update to a temp map (remember Soka and me moved our votes to the 1st choice); and 1 to update the map but stay in current version.

Not sure if this matters or not, but I will throw it out there..

My understanding is the server is using Bukkit, and that will only be updated with an official release from Mojang. This means that if the server gets updated, it will more than likely it will be a plain vanilla server, with no plugins.. no locking doors or chests, no dynmap, no multi-world..I might be wrong, as I haven't looked into updating my own server as we run Bukkit as well, but that is my understanding..

In saying that, I have rather enjoyed playing on Anchors 1.9 server, and like the option to be able to choose.. :)

Back