100% World Completion

Congratulations. That is quite an achievement.

I'm going to have to check with you on the last couple of spots on a few maps. I just can't find them.

I'm getting close...one more WvW rotation will take care of the last bit for me. Let this be advice for anyone attempting to do world completion: get into WvW early, at least for doing the exploration. Getting all three borderlands (and their jumping puzzles, BTW), and ESPECIALLY Eternal Battlegrounds, can take up to 3 weeks as you wait for maps to rotate around. It's a rare case when we push deep enough into enemy territory (again, especially in EB) to unlock those POIs that are deep in...it's much easier to just pick them up after a rotation when we actually OWN those areas.

Just finished the personal story a few weeks ago, completed the last of the jumping puzzles, and now I'm a week away from world exploration. I'm going to need a new goal. Perhaps I'll join Waynos in completing my GW1 HOM.

Y'all are very fortunate you can get 100%. I'm so allergic to PvP and WvW that I will stay at 92%.

I'm not much for PvP either. When I did the WvW (or at least what part I have completed), I just played as if it were a exploration of a PvE zone with mobs that have an extremely large agro range and long leash. ;)

I did all of the areas we had control of and then snuck around to a few of the controlled areas. It's definitely a multi week thing. Just do your home borderlands and then the only big pain is the EB. Our server definitely has shining moments where it has a good hold on EB, at least as far as I recall.

Last edited:
I absolutely detest PvP. That being said, I still find WvW to be more fun than I had expected.

There are several ways to go about it:
1. Stay in your "controlled" areas, and pick up explorable points in relative safety (even all by yourself).
2. Group up with some friends/guildies, and trek together to some of the questionable areas (skill points in the northern corners, jumping puzzle, central areas, etc).
3. Find a commander tag, and join a group of about 50 other people that tend to follow (ie, be a "lemming"). Most of the time, you won't be singled-out, so if you do end up dead, it's usually due to standing in AoE too long. With 49 other potential targets, they're not going to care so much about a back-liner who doesn't appear to pose much of a threat. Once you capture a tower/keep/supply camp, you'll easily be able to pick up the explorable points within. With such a large group, you get more protection against the solo-ers and smaller groups who would attack you if they found you out on your own.

You can pretty easily get 100% exploration in the WvW maps without seeing any combat. Each week, the maps "rotate" - at the time of this writing, SoR calls the northern borderland home. Next week, they'll be in the western one, and the week following they'll be to the east. In the EB (central) map, you start on the side adjacent to your home borderlands. With proper planning (and 3 weeks), you can get most of it mapped out without even seeing a real enemy.

The following map may be useful in figuring out when to do your exploration:
http://gw2score.com/livemap/Sanctum-of-Rall

Find the color that corresponds to SoR, and see what areas are "safer" than others based on that color. Some days, we will control entire maps, other days, we may be pushed back to out starting point or off the map entirely, so plan your trips accordingly. If you really want to avoid the frustration of battle, shift click on your starting waypoint and stick in Party chat, and turn off all other chat. If you see enemies heading your way, you can simply click the waypoint in your chat window to teleport to safety.

Back