2nd Semi-Annual Cape Design Contest

A few months ago I posted a cape design contest, which was won by Sydney Ablaze.

This time it's the real deal. If you can come up with something better than our current cape, go for it. We will be changing the cape on January 1 to reflect a new year and a new beginning for SoE.

Post screencaps of your cape designs here, and write down how you made it. I repeat: THE CAPE DESIGN CONTEST WINNER WILL BE OUR CAPE FOR 2006.

In addition, I will be offering a prize of 10 plat and a gold, max damage, +13>enchanted Cleaver to the winner.

To design a cape, simply visit the guild registrar in any major city. Post your top two creations in this topic. Keep in mind our core values when designing: the capes will be judged by myself and Loew on he basis of our core values and overall 1337ness. Good luck!

Im in! Heres my design. I took 3 pics to show what colors I used for each thing.

gw013.jpg

gw014.jpg

gw015.jpg

The broken sword represents sin. The light on top that is shining on the sword represents Jesus, God, etc. And from this light the sword can be reforged into a new sword clean of sin. =)

On a side note, the color for the sword isnt really final and can be changed to whichever color the judges want. I just picked a random color for it.

Last edited:
cape.JPG

some ancient cross
and the [angelic chorus fanfare] light from heaven

emblem: darkgray/black [bottom right corner color(4,4) - scroll bar almost touching the left side]
detail: light blue [ (3,3) - scroll bar slightly right of center
background: dark blue [(2,3) - darkest]

Last edited:
Beautiful simplicity with a message.

Why can I not just paste my image here? I copy it but cannot select paste when I try to put it here.

Last edited:
gw011_edited.jpg

Here is My Idea I like or Current logo and it is part of our Website The Dark Part of the Cape represents this World all the Darkness there is and the Golden Glow Represents Where we are Headed in our Christian walk Just an Idea Colors can of course be changed here and there.

Thisll be the first post in an eon for me, but I must save our guild from a fashion disaster....
capes10tq.jpg

The yellow/gold is the brightest yellow, but it may look better if it was a centimeter or two darker on the slider.
The first is mid-dark pure blue, the second uses grey and maroon (marron color is to the right of the pure purple color. Third is pure red, the fourth uses the gradient backround, with a dark blue-purple at the top, and a dark marron at the bottom and the emblem is slightly darker blue-purple.
The first three symbolize the trinity and look interesting from a distance. The fourth is strange, the eye shines that brighter color when the light hits it right, and is nearly invisible when the light isnt reflecting off of it, it represents God Sees all.

cape25av.jpg

first is deep pure red, second is deep pure blue, third is deep pure purple. Once again maybe make the yellow less bright.

Im Servant Leadership/Neon White/Neon Windforce in game.

I almost forgot to say: your entry must be posted here by Dec 18th (this Sunday). Then Loew and I will get together and judge them, and we'll announce the winner sometime around Dec 21st or 22nd.

Lots of creative entries so far-- it's going to be tough to decide a winner, for sure.

one2dredd said:
gw011_edited.jpg

Here is My Idea I like or Current logo and it is part of our Website The Dark Part of the Cape represents this World all the Darkness there is and the Golden Glow Represents Where we are Headed in our Christian walk Just an Idea Colors can of course be changed here and there.

I'm starting to 'dredd' you posts. The horror of no punctuation makes my eyes bleed. :(

Halonic said:
Beautiful simplicity with a message.

Why can I not just paste my image here? I copy it but cannot select paste when I try to put it here.

There are two ways to post an image here. You can attach one to your post like you did or you can upload one to a website and then put the link to it into your post wrapped in
tags.

Last edited:
He he and I am actually very good at English. I actually taught in High School while I was a student. BTW I hated English the whole time.

one2dredd said:
He he and I am actually very good at English. I actually taught in High School while I was a student. BTW I hated English the whole time.

Wow. I hate English too! :D We have alot in common! :D

Anywho, for everyoen to answer, what exactly is the point of diagraming sentences?!?!?!:mad:

To elaborate further on your screen shot location, if you did a default install, the file will be in a folder located at:

C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Screens\

Here's my cape design. As a judge, I have to disqualify myself though :).

It's really just a shameless plug for my alma mater anyway.

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19

Here's mine ... I chose a deep red for the backgroud in memory of the blood Jesus spilled for us, the bright yellow lion because ToJ uses the lion a lot in our emblems because Jesus is the "lion of the tribe of judah" and the bright yellow because he is a light in dark places, the tattered cape because as christians, we will go through trials and tribulations, and the little squiggly thing underneath because it looked the coolest :D :

cape1.jpg

cape2.jpg

cape3.jpg

Last edited:
Back