3.0.8 PTR patch notes

Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostrider? Tauren on raptor? You’re not seeing things.

Draenei on a mechanostrider???? I just thought the pally horse looked silly....

"Reduced the spell power on the Titansteel Guardian to bring it in line with its item level."

This makes me sad =(

From what I have been reading since the patch notes were released is that it is going from 490 spell power down to 408. This in itself is not so bad, but holy paladins already struggle some with healing wotlk content.

I thought maybe I was out of practice in healing, however, there seems to be a general consensus in the wow community that paladins are indeed struggling where before they excelled. But it seems it is more a playstyle adjustment than a real issue with paladin healing mechanics.

I am doing a bit of research on the issue, and I have gotten some good info. I may make a post of what I have found if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
This patch will constitute a major buff to Death Knight tanking...

Right now, Pestilence has a 10 second cooldown. Pestilence is required to spread your diseases to multiple targets. If one of your diseases on your original target is resisted or an enemy is out of Pestilence range when you use it, you are either dealing half AOE damage or completely helpless to cause any AOE damage to that enemy, respectively, for ten seconds. This usually results in the particular enemy eating your healer. On top of that, each enemy that does not have Frost Fever will be attacking at its full speed, and when that's 7 of them (like last night in The Nexus,) that can hurt.

In 3.08, Blizzard will be removing the cooldown on Pestilence, greatly reducing the crazy do-or-die timing aspect of Death Knight tanking.

Back