6v6 Heroe's Ascent starting 6Oct06

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Changes to Heroes' Ascent 3 October 2006
In lieu of the previously announced special weekend, we've decided to postpone the "Green Drop Weekend" until next week. This week's big news is the conversion of Heroes' Ascent into a 6v6 map. Yes, one of the most popular events will become a permanent element of the PvP game, along with a lot of exciting map changes, too. This will all go live sometime Friday, so stop on by and check it out. Check back next week for news about the "Green Drop Weekend" (which now promises to be even better)!

With this change, we will need to start thinking about our new team builds. Who wants to start with the suggestions?

Sweet!, this will make heroes much easier to plan for, and prevents certain *cough* spike groups from having such a dominance.

I would mess around with the monks, weighing the difference between a rc/prot and a boon/prot.

Shock War (Needs to be good)
Chocking Gas/Interrupt Ranger
2 Starburst Eles
--this--
Boon/Prot
Blinder/Healing Ele
--or--
Power Heal (mantra of Recovery)(2 heal others, dwayna's Kiss)
Blinder/Prot Ele

The ele if done right will have a boatload of energy via ether renewal. I always hated running protection monks due to the tight energy management required.

Oh well Ill wait till the end of october to mess around with this more

ViM will become the new Iway for awile :). So Starburst Ele will work great. I wam going to be working on this.

vibrokatana said:
ViM dervishs you mean?

No ViM trappers... Until Nightfall comes out anyway. ViM Dervish will likely be the next wave at the end of the month.

During the 6v6 trial weekend, ViMway emerged quickly as the flavor of the weekend. On Friday, we won a lot of matches with it. On Saturday, the amount we won in the same amount of time was a bit less and by Sunday, almost every other team we ran into was running ViM.

I think it might be worth playing ViM Dervish once it is available, but I think the Starburst (E/A) counter may still be effective against ViM-D since they still rely on mass conditions at melee range.

They toned down the ViM Dervish a bit in the last Weekend event. I meant trappers as Derk said. So a Starburst Ele team will totally own them :).

ohhh more things to do this weekend!!! btw i wont be able to do anything on friday (its my b-day :D :D :D) but on saterday and sunday HoH FTW!!!

Back