8 Years of History in 8 Days: Day 3 (May 22, 2007)

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
From a post on toj-general dated May 9, 2001:
*cheers* I'm /thrilled/ to read polite and intelligent posts regarding difficult topics. This is, I feel, one of the most important goals that I set for Tribe of Judah: to discuss difficult issues, the elder (not necessarily in age, but in wisdom and knowledge of the Bible) guiding those with less experience. It's more apparent than ever that we have a solid group of Christians in ToJ.

In other news...=)

My upgrade has been delayed due to a faulty motherboard. =[ Looks like I'll have to wait about two weeks longer to cash in on that 1GHz juicy goodness. So you Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament players better practice up while you have the chance. =) I have everything else but the motherboard at my house (case, CPU, and DDR RAM), and have only to ask ASUS if the A7M266 supports registered DDR RAM and to receive a replacement motherboard in the mail before I take it to a local computer shop and have them install the goodies. (Ain't takin' /no/ chances on this one.) I'm back on my 200MHz snail in the meantime. =/ If anyone wants to play some old Genesis games over the Net, drop me a message.

Finals are almost over for me. *cheers wildly* W00T! I don't know if I'll be able to attend Saturday's game day in the morning or evening since I'm going to a press screening of Shrek that morning and attending a staff party that evening. I hope to at least log on in the afternoon and party down for a few hours. =)

I'm starting to implement a contingency plan for ToJ, in the case that I go on vacation or--God forbid--something happens that I am unable to get to my computer for a while. And no, marriage is not a risk right now. *chuckle* In such a situation, Kralgon would be in charge. I don't anticipate any such scenarios in the near future (although a vacation to a tropical paradise /does/ sound nice), so don't read into this message. It's been a goal of mine from the /start/ to make sure that ToJ could operate without me--or at least let me slack off once in a while. *grin* I still have every intention of serving the members of ToJ how God wishes. After all, it took a whola lotta work to get to this point (and every moment was worth it). =)

Be sure to keep me in your prayers this month. This Friday is my graduation, but it also marks the end of my job at the college newspaper. I haven't found another job yet, and I'm also trying not to stress about college applications...and FAFSA...and scholarships...*deep breath* Anyway, just pray that God guides my steps, prospers what I set my hand to, and makes a way for me. And pray that the Lord convicts my parents to fill out the FAFSA and send it in. *chuckle*

*waves* Well, I need to head back to my homework. I'll try to pipe in with my own opinions on suicide's effect on eternal salvation soon.

God bless,
Tek7

From a post on the toj-hl Yahoo! Group dated July 10, 2001:
Hello, Half-Life fans! =D I am writing with some exciting news. Since several ToJ:HL members expressed interest in competitive Counter-Strike play, I've decided to assemble a team and arrange some friendly matches against other clans. If all goes well, I hope to enter a Tribe of Judah team in the World Online Gaming League.

If you are interested in playing on the team, please reply to this e-mail. Be sure to include the alias(es) you use when playing Counter-Strike, what times you are available to play, and your average kill to death ratio.

And let me say from the start that our first priority will be to represent Jesus Christ. All team members are expected to abide by the ToJ charter, and be courteous to fellow team members and opponents; however, camping and AWP use are allowed. After all, "Camping is part of the game." =)

Basically, just do what you know is right. =) Our first priority is to be a light to a dark world; winning comes second to that.

Don't get me wrong--I'd love to see the ToJ team go straight to the top, but it would be better to influence one person to accept Christ after losing every match than come out on top and turn people away from Christ while doing so.

A few quick notes: I have asked IrishBear to lead the ToJ CS team, and he has accepted. I am confident he will make a great team leader.

If you decide you'd like to join the Counter-Strike team, please reply to this e-mail before the end of the week. I'd like to arrange a few scrimmages for early next week, or maybe even this weekend.

If you have any questions, feel free to send them as well. =)

Good night, and God bless.

-Tek

I honestly don't even remember this. What a disaster to give a 15 year-old kid (potentially) so much responsibility!

I honestly don't even remember this. What a disaster to give a 15 year-old kid (potentially) so much responsibility!
Nah, it would have been fine. As I recall, you were--or at least appeared to be--mature for your age.

Back