9600 pro

MaxX

I'm trying to install my new 9600 pro card (gexcube) but it won't pick up when the card is in. I tried plugging the monitor into the built in video but it didn't work while the 9600 card was in, only when it was out. It also appeared that the computer wouldn't boot, it spun the disk for a few seconds then just sat there. Any ideas? It's not ati so I'm having a hard time finding support...

specs

athlon xp 1700+
512 ddr ram
winxp pro

the card is 9600 pro with 256 ddr

No, custom built.

K7 Triton GA-7VKML VIA KM266 chipset

I meet all the system requirements for the card, so I doubt that's the problem.

kk cuz e-machine has way to many propbs with new cards...

Weird cuz my 9600 XT is working fine (great upgrade from my previous 9000 pro
biggrin.gif
) Do you happen to have any on-board Video card? that can cause some crash between the Radeon and the onboard card. You'll have to use the bios to turn off the onboard video. Course im supposing its got one, if its not, i'll try to look over some other stuffs.

Well, everyone keeps telling me to turn the onboard off, which I can't do because it's nowhere in the BIOS. I disabled it in the device manager however but that did nothing. I did plug the monitor into the radeon (that's what I've been doing) but it refuses to connect to the monitor.

Some motherboard won't allow the automatic switchoff. :/ Its usually in PCI/AGP section. try the advanced tab in the bios

I emailed the manafacturer of my mobo

I WANT ANSWERS!!!
mad.gif

The weird thing is why isnt the geforce having these problems with the radeon...

Impossible: the system requirements are a K6 mobo, I have a K7.

ti4200

And nothing can be wrong, the manual says nowhere about integrated video.

i hav a AGP 4x mobo, and my radeon 9600 XT runs well.. its not radeons problem its likely to be the motherboards.

It's the mobo.

"According to this motherboard the radeon 9600 pro isn't supported due to the voltage difference. You will need to obtain a 2x/4x agp videocard." (mobo tech)

So it looks like a new mobo.
sad.gif
At least its time for one. Imma try the card in my friends comp first and then get a new one.
smile.gif

Thanks ppl

Back