A chance for you to repent

I think we pagans scared him off. Pray together for salvation.
Which brings up an interesting topic: I'm going flying for the first time in my life in two days. I'm scared of heights. Even more, I'm freaked out we're going to crash and burn and I'm going to die and and and....I don't know from there. I would like to believe I'm going to heaven, but geez, I am such a bad person. I sin terribly. I put you guys to shame, no doubt. BUt I believe in Jesus Christ, and everytime I sin, I feel wrecked with guilt and bluther for forgiveness from God. I'm afraid though he runs out of patience with me and will let me die in some freak accident like a plane crash.
What about y'all? Do y'all honestly think I'm a Christian by my speech on this site? I honestly believe I am, but my actions scare me. I act Christian at times, but then I also sin, and the sin outweights my sense of security...scared.

We all sin, if we didnt, Jesus wouldn't have had to die. The important thing is that you honestly do your best to live a Godlier life. I for one already include this in my prayers, that all of us be able to overcome our sins and live for Jesus. So I be prayin mate.

I'd guess that is Dahmar(sp?) returned. He's really one of the only people who would post something like that to try to get us riled up that fast.

Cory

Well said, Kohael. Ultima, don't be afraid of flying, I've had plenty of flights of my own. It's actually pretty fun. Just read a book, or fall asleep. And rememebr to chew gum on the way up, it helps sometimes if you feel pressure in your ears.

As for going to heaven...no one knows the heart of another man, only God does. But from what you've typed here, your heart's in the right place. I even see a lot of the way I am from what you say. But do you really think God will run out of patience with you? He has brought thousands of people over to Him who were in far worse states. His love is everlasting, and infinite. If it seems you're going to die, only remember everything you have to look forward to. Doing this over the years has led me to an absolute fearlessness of death, because I love my Lord, and I know He loves me. And that's the way it's meant to be. Remember the same thing, and remember to pray while you're on the plane. Worked for me, and I'm still here :).

Oh, what happened to the guy that started this? I'm getting the feeling we just got sandal dust shaken on us. Maybe he had a genuine concern. That's the problem with being wrong...you always think you're right. The good part, however, is that if we beleive on the Lord Jesus Christ, we WILL be saved. That's what the Bible says. It doesn't say "Thou shalt go to Hell for not conforming with thy brother's view." So, whether I'm right or not about the gaming thing, I'll see my Lord in the end, and I'll find out if I was right or wrong...and suddenly, it won't matter, because my sins will be forgiven, the games gone and forgotten.

Once again, good to see you again, Ultima :).

Go ahead and make fun of me, that will not save your souls. I urge to you consider the following quotes:

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2 (NIV)

"The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace, because the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by their sinful nature cannot please God." Romans 8:6-8 (NIV)

Please, for your own sake, repent!

Illuminatus, were all allowed to believe our own thing, you believe us killing little fake characters is sin. I dont know if it is or not. I know it's a sin if you get addicted, and play all the time, and focus only on the game, and actually believe your killing people. I keep my gaming to a minumum. If I feel I'm playing to much, I back off and start spending less time gaming, more time on other stuff. I know that the game is just a game, totaly fake. Do you actually think that, if I thought this was more then a game, that I would actually go around killing my best friends, my brothers and sisters in Christ? No, I'm not saying that what you believe is wrong. I dont think any of us can actually know with 100% if it is or not. Thx for sharing your veiw, but plz dont try to convince us that were wrong, we have our beliefs to.

God bless.
~Eryn

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Good to see you too Slam.
Meh, Illuminatus, I was just basically making fun of what I felt was foolishness. If you take offense, my bad. We're not here to call names, or to preach hell coming. I do believe you honestly believe we're going to hell. I honeslty believe we're not. By the way, can I ask what your denonimation is? Okay, I asked it. Now will you tell me?
God's law, I highly feel, does not govern games. It's his will we don't sin while playing games, it's his will we don't place anything before him as an idol. Gaming can become both. FOr me, though, it's just fun and a diversion. Where else can I blast an alien's head halfway across the room with a Franchi-SPAS 12 gauge, and not get in trouble with animal rights activists/secret government agents? No where but a game! That's what makes it so much fun. You can do unreal stuff in it you can't in life. It's a substitute for people's realities. In reality, you can't jump fifty feet. You can in a videogame, with Mario. How sweet is that?

Hey there Ultima,

I thought I would encourage you regarding your fear of flying. What you are feeling is certainly not an uncommon fear. Many people suffer from fear of heights and/or flying, and, sometimes, it's not always as easy as saying, 'don't worry about it, everything will be okay'. Here is a fact for ya:  millions of people fly everyday and, statistically, the odds that something will happen to you extremely low.  I for one, flew up to 3 times a week for over a year. That's a lot of flying, and not one crash!

Before you go, make a distinct effort not to think about what could happen, but think about positive things. Also, take something with you that will occupy your time on the plane... books, laptop, whatever you like.

Having never flown before, you would probably do well to take a gravol or the like at least half hour beforehand...just in case...it's embarrassing having to apologize to the person sitting next to you as your blowing chunks into a sick-sac. I know it sounds kinda funny, but I've seen it happen before
laugh.gif

One little gravol goes a long way. It'll help ya relax too.

Onto other things. I've read many of your posts and there is no doubt in my mind that you love God and are passionate about following Him. Being outspoken is not a bad thing, and you have no more rough edges than the rest of us! Sometimes we all need reminding about how much Jesus loves and accepts us...as we are...  Remember what the Word says:
Our own righteousness is as filthy rags, but he has covered us in the robes of righteoussness.
His love covers a multitude of sins.  
If you confess your sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
There is now therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus... I know you've heard all this before, but these are still Living Words to live by and remember.  

As Christians, we are all still far from perfect, but as we continue to follow Christ, seek wisdom from the scriptures, subject ourselves to His will and purpose to live our lives for Him, the rough edges are slowly worn away. Cool.

Keep your head up dude, and have a great trip  
smile.gif

/slap
Illumanewb, you obviously need to read those verses again. Think about what they mean to you, as an individual, before you even consider applying it to VIRTUAL SIMILUATIONS. Do you understand the word virtual? How about the term "respawn"? No one dies in these games, no one is thinking of "death". It's just a game kid, relax. And this has nothing to do with conforming. It's another mission field, a very large one. If all Christians stopped playing video games, we'd lose a very important battle. Do you understand that?

Also, be mindful of the way you use scripture. God's love is infinite, his salvation everlasting. Saying that we will go to hell for playing video games when we are saved, believing Christians is nothing short of speaking directly against that. Do you think that someone who murders automatically gets sent to hell? There's no help of salvation for him? Do you think that he can't be loved and saved by Jesus? Be careful if and when you choose to answer that.

As Ultima has said, yes, we virtually kill thousands of enemies in games (go to my website and click on the link in the far left column, labeled "0wnage," it has the exact number of virtually enemies I've slaughtered this year). Now, if I had a single real life kill to add to that list, I think I would feel some overwhelming degree of guilt about it. Fortunately, that number is only the number of sprites, 3D models, and variables in games that I have changed the state and value of. If you wanted to come down to the simplest of terms, I was causing electrical impulses to have their positions changed between my CPU and memory. Hearts have not stopped beating, and blood has not covered my hands. Please, learn to draw the line between what is real and what is not.

Back