A good beginner build

devineministry

Hey guys what would you all think of an Elem as a good beginnger profession to learn from or maybe a ranger. I like my Warrior, but its just seems there is alot more down time for him...anyways opinions welcome :)

My first character was a Mo/E. I learned pretty much all the stuff I needed to know on that character. I learned to heal and smite and once and a while, I would even set something on fire... lol.

Best starting character imo would be a Warrior. They are a simple class to play, not much thought is needed in skill chains as opposed to other classes. Warriors a re simple, they should be setup to take first agro and keep it off the rest of the party.

I personally started with a Warrior. Then I created a Monk, Ranger, Necromancer, Assassin, Elementalist, deleted first Assassin to make a Mesmer, bought more character slots and made a Ritualist, then a new Assassin, Paragon, Dervish, and one more slot for PvP.

After playing everything I would say for me the most fun class(es) to play are the Mesmer, Monk and Necromancer but they are also the hardest to play well imo. Mesmer is fun t play cause they are very good at taking out just about any class in the game if spec'd properly. Monking is fun because it keeps you active in keeping your party alive. Necromancers are fun because they are so versatile(minion masters, SS nuking, curse debuffs, support buffs, etc.).

Warrior by far is the easiest class to play because there isn't an over abundance of planning to your build. Their job in the game is simple compared to the other classes and even if you don't play the character until the end, I think playing one would get you familiar with the mechanics of the game to prepare you to play one of the other classes.

Wow, Michio, couldn't have said it any better myself. Its amazing how we both created the same characters in the same order, even down to deleting the Assassin. Mesmer is the only one I haven't done yet.

Two key points:
1) Warrior to start with
2) Necro the most versatile

Michio's descriptions are spot on. Don't think playing as a monk won't be fun because you don't fight. On the contrary, Monks can be pretty exciting to play during a good fight. The frantic healing you have to do to keep your party alive is pretty fun. Not to mention you won't have any problems finding a group.

Michio's descriptions are spot on. Don't think playing as a monk won't be fun because you don't fight. On the contrary, Monks can be pretty exciting to play during a good fight. The frantic healing you have to do to keep your party alive is pretty fun. Not to mention you won't have any problems finding a group.

My beta char was a Monk, and liked it alot. You're definitely right about it being exciting, AND about getting into parties. The problem I had with it was that, if we lost... it was somehow alllllllll my fault for not healing right. And yeah, I was a noob, but so was everyone else at that point. People in PUGs are just so selfish...

-Chadley

i love my monk, tommarow it will be 2 months old and it already has 150+ hrs on it (ya i have a lot of time). Monking is really fun, so you dont fight thats what PUG's and heros are for. personally i think a ranger is the best character to start with, they arnt that needed in some missions and what not so a warrior might help, but i started with a ranger so im biased. :p

and so far i havent gotten any rap about my noobness on monking, maybe i got skillz :D

I started with a mesmer, because the class and the aesthetics really appealed to me; my second character was a ranger. (Yeah, I jumped in with both feet; a mesmer is one of the hardest classes to play!)

I agree that a warrior is probably the EASIEST character to play, starting out. However, if you won't ENJOY a class, choose a different profession. If you're having fun, that can make up for a lot of frustration. If you aren't, you'll probably get so frustrated or bored you'll lose interest!

I wish I had been a part of a guild like this from the beginning! I started playing GW about a month after the game came out, but we didn't join this guild until Jan 2006. Oh, all the wasted time...I would have finished Prophecies way, way earlier! So learn from my mistake and find people to give you advice. Whatever profession you choose, there are people in this guild who play it very well!

Blah blah blah, eles are jacks of all trades, or at least can be and funnest to play period.

[end of short, sweet, to the point, and totally not-back-up-by-anything-whatsoever statement]

Seriously though... warriors are simple. Run around and hack at stuff.

I started with a mesmer, because the class and the aesthetics really appealed to me; my second character was a ranger. (Yeah, I jumped in with both feet; a mesmer is one of the hardest classes to play!)

lol my first charcter was mesmer/ranger too. Mesmer was my first charcter and my brother made a warrior as his first(Sleeping Princess). Eventually my brother stopped playing and I found out the wonders of farming with a warrior. Easiest class i think is probably warrior to start out with, cause its easiest to learn the game mechanics. Also good because when you are far enough into the game warriors are good for making money. Through things such as running people or soloing.

Back