A MUST Read ... please ... :D

Abea

Tribe of Judah Social Media Manager
Ok, so, do you enjoy playing minecraft on the TOJ Server? Well, it's not free and we are fundraising for the cost for the Minecraft server (hosted by Xenon Servers) which is $15 a month. Ideally, we'd find people willing to donate $5, $10, or $15 a month.

When you donate you need to specify (in the comments field) that you're donating toward the Minecraft server. If no such field is available when signing up to donate, you can send an e-mail to accounts@toj.cc designating where you'd like your donation to go.

We are looking for a due date of October 17th.

Please, if you can't afford to give, do not feel obligated to.

To donate, please CLICK HERE. If you would like to make a one time donation, just send a Paypal donation to donations@toj.cc for the amount you wish to donate.

Thank you in advance for your support - whether by helping out financially, by volunteering your time as an admin/op, or just by playing on the server.

God be in your day!

Last edited:
I notice that we've been having occasional problems with the server with lag and occasionally going down, and that's even with nobody on the server. I know it's only $15 a month, but is there an upgrade package for more server power? Or are these instabilities the result of something else?

I notice that we've been having occasional problems with the server with lag and occasionally going down, and that's even with nobody on the server. I know it's only $15 a month, but is there an upgrade package for more server power? Or are these instabilities the result of something else?

It's been awhile since I was the admin of the server, but when I was looking into a host, most were $30-50/month... Our current host is a "discount" host, and these lagging and unstable issues have been common since we started with them...

Sounds good. I think if we get a steady flow of support, we can probably look into upgrading our server. Just got my hours back at work, so we'll see once the paychecks start coming in again.

From research I've done most of the reputable servers run about $1 per month per slot. A 20 person server would run about $20 a month for a pure server. If you want to add bukkit or other plugins that would add $0.50 per slot. So a 20 person server would now run $30 per month. More memory to make things run smoother or more slots to avoid lag would of course cost more money. You get what you pay for.

Noo! I don't get my paycheck for another 2 weeks. How do we stand so far, or have we not received anything yet donation wise?

At least one month is covered that I know of, other than that, I don't know. I'm sure we can still use donations.

UPDATE: We have received 1 per month donation, and 1 - one time donation. Which means that to date we have one month of service covered. And the other months partially covered.

Last edited:
Ok, it's past the 17th, but we still need to raise funds. So if you can contribute - please do!

Back