A petition to a set prayer & purpose

I agree that we should participate in this pause for prayer for the U.S.A. as a guild

• Agree

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skvsr

I receive a lot of email and my brother forwarded this to me. I do not think I can express this better than the original author. So here goes:

Dear Praying Friends,

Evening Prayer for America

It has been said, that if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.

Did you know that during WWII there was an adviser to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed time for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and peace?

There is now a group of people forming to do exactly the same thing for America. If you would like to participate: Every evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States…our troops, our citizens, our political leaders, and for our return to a Godly nation.

This message reminds me of the call to prayer in 1976 at our 200th anniversary. From II Chron. 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have. Please forward this to your praying friends.

Heartily in Christ,
Boxley

My proposition is this: that we join in this -- each and everyone in the guild. I know many of our members are citizens from around the world, but the U.S.A. has been a leader in the world since WW II and I am concerned that our direction of lead is not as it should be. Could we have a pause in our gaming each day at 6 p.m. server time for just a moment for each of us to petition God for this ailing nation? I do not mean someone to lead us in prayer, but for each of us to pause and hold our own small, private prayer service, but uniting with others around the world asking for revival in a field that is truly ripe. The most we need to do is perhaps in guild chat to call a moment's notice to stop and pray. 2 Chronicles 7:14 needs to be our focus as we repent of our nations' many sins and confess them to a forgiving Heavenly Father. Remember James 1:9, also.

If you approve please vote to support this in the poll. I understand there will be other points of view and respect them. But the fact remains that the U.S.A needs to be held up in prayer.

Oh and by the way - this is nor can be a true binding in guild business. It is simply to support or not to support the dedicated prayer time and purpose.

Last edited:
Amen to Pnuema. The same sickness chewing on my country's moral fiber is evident in Canada and around the world.

And a serious bump. Please help me spread the word. And if I am not on at 6 pm server time, would someone please make the call to prayer in guild chat? I so have a burden for this...

Back