Accident.

Ugh, that is aggravating. I have noticed too with my car...it runs great, but if something happens to it...it is almost worthless for sell or trade. I don't have experience with this, but you might compare what your car's worth would have been on KBB, Edmunds, and clearbook.truecar.com. Iirc, I think KBB turns out the most in my favor, but yrmv. But see what is best in your case and try presenting that to the insurance company. Or you could try seeing what a comparable car would go for and demand that. Will pray this all goes smoothly for you. Still thankful you weren't injured. :)

Update!

As it turns out, not all insurance companies are full of crooks (only the ones whose name sounds like "Nationwide" are). State Farm offered us considerably more for our Volvo (read that as a fair value).

Yay!

Lol love those commercials. Its funny you should link that commercial... the new car was used by teenage girls before I got it.

The new car is coming along just fine (the new one is a year older than the previous car, but has a turbo... so much fun >_>... and a lot less miles on it). Today I replaced the front bumper, turn signal assembly and fixed the AC. Engine mounts come next... after the ULTIMATE LAN!

It's turning out to be a pretty good car.

Last edited:
Back