Addons/mods

Warrzone

Hello all,

I've been working with (destroying) my UI, and I need an addon that tracks debuffs with stacks right on/near my character in the center of the screen. I'll never see them otherwise.

Power Auras Classic looks awesome, but (I think) it assumes I know exactly what debuffs I want to track in order to enter them. I don't. Most of the debuff trackers either require the player to enter the buffs/debuffs manually--or automatically display them as bars like omen/recount, requiring placement at the edge of the screen.

I also liked nUI, and it had most of the addons one would need already pre-packaged, but the font was so small that old guys my age can't see anything worthwhile. Too bad, because the pre-set layout was awesome.

I'll probably go with Power Auras unless someone has other ideas, but if anyone knows a central location to find the main debuffs one would generally like tracked, it would sure help with the configuration process.

There are lots of threads on this topic at Tankspot, but I really didn't find quite what I was looking for. I do think it's an interesting topic, though, because generally (critical info + intuitive display = skill). Who doesn't need more of that?

Thanks for your comments!

You can try Satrina Buff Frames. You can move the debuffs where ever you want and you can tell it to display just 1 debuff or up to 20 if you wanted. With Satrina though you have to tell it to track all debuffs. So if your character has never encountered the debuff before... it won't show up. That's the only down side to the add on. Otherwise it's very versitile and easy to use!

For tanking, I use a very simple addon, reliant tanking monitor, you click on the 2 bars to pick up the other tanks, and it shows their debuffs right underneath. you can move the bars anywhere on your screen.

I use Power Auras Classic to track my buffs and my debuffs(when it's necessary) It's really nice on my Boomkin. I get a visual and audible cue when my eclipse procs. I have the super mushroom sound(Super Mario) when I get the lunar and the New weapon sound from the original Zelda when Solar Procs. I use it on my other toons as well, but I just used that as an example. As far as debuffs go, if you're using it for raiding, your DBM should be telling you when you have the debuffs that require you to move or do something.

Back