Addons

rev_rog

Hello fellow guildees. I am playing as a priest (Eeve, Stonemaul, lvl28) and I am curious about addons. What do you recommend? What is a waste of time? Are there any MUST HAVE addons that a Disciplined priest should use? Any way your thoughts are much appreciated!

Blessings
Rev.

Here's a few that I use:

SmartBuff: Preset what buffs you want for solo, party, raid, battleground, dungeon play. If anyone needs buffed, it tells you. Spin your mousewheel to cast the buff.

SmartDebuff: Makes a little frame with everyone's class color and name. If they get a buff that you can remove, it turns to (blue background, L in the center) or (red background, R in the center) meaning you need to L- or R-click that box to clear the debuff. You don't have to target the person and remember which cleaning spell to cast. You don't lose your focus when you click on this box.

Grid: Similar to the SmartDebuff box, this creates a little set of boxes for everyone in the party. It's much smaller than the default unit frames, and gives you basic information about how many health points the player is missing, how much your heal is going to heal them, if they're buffed/debuffed by things like Renew or PW:Shield. It can also have a visual indicator if someone is debuffed by something you can cleanse.

Clique: let's you set key-combinations for any spell. For example, if I shift-left-click any player frame, they will get a renew. If I Ctrl-left-click any frame, they get a flash heal. Ctrl-Right-Click gives them a shield. It works on default party bars, UI bars, floaty (press v) bars, grid bars...pretty much anything.

Deadly Boss Mods: tells you information about what bosses are doing that you have to watch out for. If there's a special bleed on the tank, you'll know to start overhealing, if the boss is spitting fire at a specific player, they'll know to move, etc. Hard to explain, but awesome when you see it working.

I use a ton of addons. The ones I would prefer to use if I had to choose would be:

Dominoes: UI customizer

Omen: keeps track of your threat

Auctioneer: Helps you make money on the auction house.

Carbonite is really good for organizing quest, showing mob locations on map, and is just plain helpful when leveling.

As a healer I either use clique and grid in combination with each other OR I use healbot by itself.

I don't like the amount of real estate grid takes up but it can be really useful.

Healbot is much easier to use for most people.

Quartz is really useful in keeping track of casts and other stuff.

I also use Deadly Boss Mods, auctioneer, quest helper and recount.

Thanks. I have just added Healbot and Quest helper I think i'm going to like them. Thanks for the heads up!

Another great app for healing is Vuhdo. The name is after his girlfriend's toon Vuh and this is what she does. It is easily customized, but takes a while to set up.

For casting bars I use Macaroon which is written and maintained by Maul, a member of The Forgiven. I REALLY like it.

Quartz for casting bar replacement is great!

I do not like the mini-map in game so I use Chinchilla Minimap to customize it.

For unit frames, I use X-perl or Perl. Very customizable.

When running around in the wow world, I never ever go without VanasKOS. It tells me if there is a known ganker near or even if a horde is near. Then I can go kill-on-site this ganker to make his life as miserable as he has made others.

Another that helps me track how my dps/healing is doing is Recount.

There are several threat meters out there and some unit frames have them built in to them. Omen seems to be the threat meter of choice, however I like the one that is in my unit frames right next to my health bar. Omen can put it in the middle of your screen tho.

I reccomend Lightheaded for help with quests. It pulls down comments from WoWHead that can be really helpful.

Auctioneer will spoil you. I'd definitely say "get it." However, you can live without MOST add ons. You dont' NEED a ui mod. I would say just get what you absolutely NEED. Then, as you play, whenever you think "man, I wish there was a way to just do X"...then look for an add on that helps you do X

Back