AIM paging bot back!

Parakletos

Hey guys. Thanks to Sirthom we have revived the ToJ paging bot and made a few changes to it.
The bots name is: Tribeofjudahbot

So be sure to add him to your list. If you need to report a problem on the server, type:
post csadmins <message> and send it to tribeofjudahbot, and the admins will be on the server as son as they can.

Please do not use this bot for things such as changing a map, serious reports only please.

**edit**

When you send a IM to the bot, you dont need to put your message in brackets, so for example if I were reporting a hacker in the server I would type:

post csadmins There is a hacker in the server, please help.

Also edited my newb typeo.

Last edited:
So be sure to add him to your list. If you need to report a problem on the server, type:
post csadmins <message> and send it to tribeofjudahbot

What list? What messenger?

type: post csadmins <-- :confused:

Do I type, post or both?

YES!!! No more waiting for an admin to get, or messaging evry admin who appears to be on when they aren't really. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

Doesn't seem to work to good. I sent a message and it said it was sent to 0 of 0 members on the list or something like that.

Maybe the admin that comes on the server responds to the person. I tried to use it today and no one came to the server and those silly responces kept replying back after every post.
It would be alot better if someone personally responds back to u telling u they recieved the msg and will be on the server.
Just a thought. :)

[toj.cc]phantom said:
Doesn't seem to work to good. I sent a message and it said it was sent to 0 of 0 members on the list or something like that.

Make sure your using the right command. I just tried it and it works fine.

Actually, the computer had to restart, and the list got wiped. Not sure if I can host the bot.

HCS, this is jaimbot-1.3. There isn't much to it! :)

this is what hte bot responded with:
tribeofjudahbot: The druids were ancient celtic priests. Their group still exists today in secret, Despite the existence of charlatan groups claiming to be isolated and studied to see what useful nutrients can be torn apart by something as simple as a warlike, Vicious people, Because i bet a lot of high schools would pick `americans' As their mascot.

Genesis1315 said:
this is what hte bot responded with:[...]
Yeeeh, we should really edit or turn off the auto-responses on that ol' rascal of a bot. I get the feeling it was coded by someone lacking in fondness for Christian doctrine.

The only thing we can do is turn off the auto-response altogether. Unless someone is proficient in Java, then it isn't editable.

Okay, I turned off that module that sends those messages. Displayed is a vague help screen, instead :p

SirThom: Did you want to try re-creating the list, or would you rather have someone else host the bot? HCS offered to host it on his box.

Well, the problem is that if the bot script stops, the list is lost. The only way to add members back is to have each of them type the command.

So, it doesn't really matter to me. I might just look in to making a static bot from Perl, but I am swamped at the moment.

Back