Alert!

slalomdms

Just reminding everyone that this Sunday is...the day of father's. Otherwise known as father's day. Dont forget to do something nice for your dad. Get him a present or mow the lawn, whatever it is dont forget. :D

I bought my dad a book that uses science and cosmological theories to prove we are in fact the center of the universe.

yay for self-importance.

I bought my dad a boatload of candy. *waits for MM to barge in ranting on why I couldn't get my mother anything on time*

We get Paul's dad a Home Depot gift card every year. (Hey, it makes him happy.) So we decided to do something different this year...We're buying him a Lowe's gift card.

argh, I forgot that. Add tools to the short list of things men think about

What's it now... tools, explosions, firearms, food, and women.

(that wasn't meant in a deragatory way, women are very intelligent and capable humans, more often than not more intelligent than us men)

one2dredd said:
I dont have a father so........

Matthew 23:9 (NIV) says you are wrong:

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Call Him up in prayer this Father's Day and tell Him you love Him. After all, thats all He wants.

We got my dad the new Mercy Me CD, we are also going to make him breakfast like we do every year. My sister got him another thing but i forgot what it was.

Halonic said:
Matthew 23:9 (NIV) says you are wrong:

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Call Him up in prayer this Father's Day and tell Him you love Him. After all, thats all He wants.
Thanks, Halonic, for the reminder that I have a Father who loves me beyond all belief. Even if I don't know where my dad is now.

Edit: Pray for me. Father's Day is tough.

My kids usually insist on getting me a gift. I have tried to talk them out of it with no success.

I have no immediate "needs". I am not wealthy but I live comfortably and there is nothing I want that I can't go pick up at the store.

All I ever wanted was to be remembered on Father's Day. Just a phone call or an email or a hug was sufficient. I just wanted to know that they thought about me.

The gift itself is unimportant. The thought is what counts.

We got my dad a watch and the Band of Brothers box set.

I also got him a nasty case of bronchitis. Which transferred to my mom.
Happy Father's Day.

Thrain said:
We got my dad a watch and the Band of Brothers box set.

I also got him a nasty case of bronchitis. Which transferred to my mom.
Happy Father's Day.

Oooo Band of Brother's that's a great set.

Back