amazing....

Last night we had storms rip thru the area with tornado sirens going off. My house and the area I lived in was spared, allthough my city was not (I do not know of any damages, just heavy storms). Atleast 5 storms ripped through. I went to bed only to be woken up by what sounded like a tornado (heavy wind/hail hitting the window). I didn't think anything of it until I heard what might have been the tornado siren, faint though. My little brother (who I share a room with) was awake, so I decided give him reason to calm down by looking out the window (shades were down). One of the most amazing things happend:
lightning had the sky lit up with contant sky, hail and rain so heavy it was like looking into a cloud (only seeing about 30-50 feet infront of you), and I never knew tree trunks could bend to a good 45 degree angle. I was scared, I have seen lots of things, things that should scare you to the point of death, but I couldn't turn my head around. When I did head back to bed, i was scared, thinking this could be my last night. I kept telling my self: "If I die tonight, I go to heaven." That usually works but I was still scared. I prayed and told God I was scared and I wanted to be reassured. At that moment I felt God say to me "why do you have such little faith?" and almost instantly the power flickered and went out. I was still scared and told God again, and after talking to God for a few minutes the storm instantly stopped: No wind/rain and hail/lightning.
When I got up this morning I saw how God had once again delivered me from death... Part of the siding of the house came off (2 years ago, when there was a tornado that touched down about 800 feet from my house and the focus of the storm was literally OVER my house there was no damage), the grill we have was tossed about, with it's gas tank on the ground and still attached (idk if thats a bad thing, but it doesn't look good), trees down, branches big enough to fall through the roof missing the room by feet. It is such an incredible experience.
Anyway, I want to know your guys thoughts on this.

God is indeed Awesome. I was visiting my parents 2 hours away and wasn't effected by the storm (at least, I haven't heard anything from my sister about my dorm being wiped out...). My younger sister had to spend some time in the basement, but I think everyone on campus was ok. I have no idea what the property damage is like down in that area though.

its good the tanks are still attached and didnt explode. if it is a gas grill that is a very real possibility. i love storms. and i have seen some whoopers! to me, they are like God showing off (and believe me, he has the right) the lightning reminds me of God's awesome power, as the rolling thunder reminds of God's voice, deep and low and powerful that shakes your teeth you hear it, and there is no mistake. only thunder sounds like thunder and only God sounds like God. i am hoping that i will storm here tonight, God knows we need the rain. i think our city has less than 100 days of water and out state has under 500 or so? not sure, but i am sure we are in a drought. prayer please guys.
Joey.

That must have been one awesome storm, glad to hear that you are still with us, and as for me, I usually like storms. I remember this one where me and most of my family were moving to Saskatchewan from Edmonton and we were just outside of North Battleford and it was raining in sheets fairly thick so we ended up slowing down to maybe around to 40k/h and could barely see any sort of headlights in front of us. Not only that but the lightning when flashed light up the entire sky like it was day and the lightning itself had a blue/greeny tint to it, never seen anything like it in my life and it was probably one of the coolest things in my life.

Back