America's Army

exodus

America's Army

America's Army is a FREE Online FPS similiar to other games of the genre, but its got a few twists that make it a rather enjoyable change of pace.

I don't want to end up writing a review, but if you're interested in some of the twists read on...

You must set up an account with your username. Within that username, there is a training profile that keeps training of the training (single player mode) that you have completed. Medic, Airborne, Special Forces... They're all there. In addition, completing those training classes opens up additional maps, weapons, and classes during multiplayer play.

For example. To have access to the sniper rifle, you must complete Marksmanship with a sharpshooter level, then complete Special Forces training, then go back for Advanced Marksmanship.

If you choose not to train, you're just a grunt with access to basic weapons, and not even allowed on some maps (Special Forces only maps for example).

A VERY cool addition is an honor statistic. If you kill a teammate, your honor goes down. If you continue, you are thrown in the brig. As you play and do well and complete objectives, your honor goes up.

This allows servers to have an honor minimun to play there... say goodbye to grief players
biggrin.gif
its just not worth their effort.

The graphics and realism are some of the best I've ever seen in a FPS.

Its worth the huge download
biggrin.gif

I played 1.0 and 2.0. IMHO, it stinketh. Why should I play a bunch of lame training levels and get indoctrinated with military philosophy when I can load up steam and play counterstr...oh...um...steam...wait...

I reinstalled it after the special forces publish.

I started the BRM training thing but after I passed, I found out that the auth. server wasn't up so I couldn't save my training results.

Haven't turned it back on since then :/

Got it downloaded and burned to CD, but having enough trouble finding time for Natural Selection, Starcraft, and the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne single-player campaigns. >_<

can you send me a cd tekz0r.. i cant get that kinda download on my pc with my poo conection..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Dec. 03 2003,3:12)]can you send me a cd tekz0r.. i cant get that kinda download on my pc with my poo conection..
I can, but I'm wondering how terrible the postage and delay would be on international shipping. *chuckle* Normally, I'd just suggest downloading it from my FTP but, well, my FTP is down.

Of course, you could always have FileFront send you a CD. Fileplanet offers a similar service.

If you'd still like me to clone a CD and ship it to you, e-mail me your address information and such at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org.

Back